• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Rpz

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model Y
I had called all dealers in the GTA for allocations in August and most had 3-10 people ahead of me. I found 1 that wasn’t taking deposits and said they would call when pricing came out. I kept on him and he came through!
they are only getting 1 for 2023 in CW and I now have the bill of sale. No VIN yet
They added all the extra BS and I had no choice to remove if I wanted the car. Total after tax is just under 65K

not sure when it will arrive but really excited
Sponsored

CTR604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cars
As I have stated before lines mean fuck all. They litterally don't secure u anything.

Orders have been open to be placed last Friday on the Honda portal. This person got their order placed last Friday, VIN today.

If you haven't heard from dealer or been provided this detail I suggest you all ask.

I still haven't been given this detail from my dealer.

Additional information 17 FL5 coming to Canada via first batch from Minnesota. 2 are allocated to Honda Canada HQ.
What happens after the information is in the Honda portal? Do they play the waiting game or it is still a lotto or some sort?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
What happens after the information is in the Honda portal? Do they play the waiting game or it is still a lotto or some sort?
Once entered the order will be filled by Honda based on allocations that were provided to the dealership. If your dealership enters u first and they have 1 allocation in 2023, you get the car and then they move down the list of WHEN you are entered into the portal.

Portal entry is the true list gents.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
my Sales start to ignore me since last Friday. not feeling good on this.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
If they haven't outright refunded deposits you might still have a chance. They could just be figuring who they are selecting.
Which is why I'm hoping to hear something in the next few weeks. Meantime, I'm prepping my current car for winter.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
woah that super shady from the QC dealer to skip the line like that... like others said this entire process is so messed up, like we are all paying customers no favors here...

so we are now hearing more solid info on that portal, like some of us were told one would be made for customers or end users but hearing this now, i guess the portal is an internal tool for dealers to push their orders through

so the chicken and the egg question here is, dealers are told allocations and then they are given the ability to order the car, THE portal.... so one is simply a business deal and the latter is just a process .. what i don't get if dealers were already told allocations why are they toying and playing games, it's not like they put the order through this portal then find out if they are getting one or not

i guess i am not in that first batch, since no vin no bill of sale unlike 1 -3 folks on here signed already as i recall... and delivery within 2 weeks let's say even 1-2 months means all those 15 cars are 2022 delivery, 2023 delivery will start in feb and a few guys in that hopefully including myself and others on the 2024 schedule

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
woah that super shady from the QC dealer to skip the line like that... like others said this entire process is so messed up, like we are all paying customers no favors here...

so we are now hearing more solid info on that portal, like some of us were told one would be made for customers or end users but hearing this now, i guess the portal is an internal tool for dealers to push their orders through

so the chicken and the egg question here is, dealers are told allocations and then they are given the ability to order the car, THE portal.... so one is simply a business deal and the latter is just a process .. what i don't get if dealers were already told allocations why are they toying and playing games, it's not like they put the order through this portal then find out if they are getting one or not

i guess i am not in that first batch, since no vin no bill of sale unlike 1 -3 folks on here signed already as i recall... and delivery within 2 weeks let's say even 1-2 months means all those 15 cars are 2022 delivery, 2023 delivery will start in feb and a few guys in that hopefully including myself and others on the 2024 schedule
Now that they know allocations, they know how many people they put through and in what order will receive their cars.

Now is when the dealer actually decides how they assign customer allocations. Honor the first come first serve, or do something different. Given how 90% of dealers expected 3 to 5 times what they are getting, they Now have figure out what to do, who to refund and who to push through.

Essentially, the games start now. Hearing the term "pricing program" for the vehicle to me means say goodbye to MSRP for many large dealer groups. Here comes offers to clients at +$5k-$10k in packages. This doesn't apply to ALL dealerships just the larger profit driven ones.

I believe another fellow Canadian stated they locked in a car at $62k taxes in, so +$2k-3k dealer add-ons.

Last edited:

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
So in reference to the stripe system. Can a dealer enter as many orders as they want and they just get a rejection if they ask more than what they’re allocated?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
So in reference to the stripe system. Can a dealer enter as many orders as they want and they just get a rejection if they ask more than what they’re allocated?
I don't know exactly. I think they can enter as many as they want. But fulfillment will be based on the order they are placed. I'm not sure if the Stripe platform is the Honda portal.

I believe the dealership Stripe entry isn't linked the the new Honda portal anymore.

If they took ur deposit via Stripe, they have ur CC info. They can place the order for u as of last Friday. However, the dealer has to physically place the order on their end themselves for you, based on my knowledge. If there is no order placed in your name with your CC to Honda HQ you have not been allocated a order.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
so this portal is something internal at the dealer, not customer facing

i remember someone mentioned pricing program, but they are mandated to sell vehicles at msrp unless they found some loophole

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
so this portal is something internal at the dealer, not customer facing

i remember someone mentioned pricing program, but they are mandated to sell vehicles at msrp unless they found some loophole
MSRP is just the starting price, a dealer can refuse to sell u a car if you refuse to pay dealer add-ons. It has always been this way in canada. They sell AT MSRP, final selling price is different from MSRP. What is illegal is selling u something with a a ADM which is extra cost WITH NO add-ons of value to end customer.

The only variable is IF a dealer will add packages on or not. This isn't a loophole. The car is the dealers asset, they can choose what to do with it.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i see another reason to despise dealing with dealerships and going directly with manufacturer

i was planning on getting a couple of accessories like the trunk tray and back seat protection, so hopefully that works in my favor

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
i see another reason to despise dealing with dealerships and going directly with manufacturer

i was planning on getting a couple of accessories like the trunk tray and back seat protection, so hopefully that works in my favor
Add as many things u would go aftermarket for. Trunk liner, rust proofing, tints etc etc. They don't care what u add, just needs to meet or exceed a certain amount.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I can't blame the said buyer, they literally just picked up the phone but man would I be pissed if I was 1st in line there.
I’m being pretty tight lipped about what’s going on with my experience but once it plays out I’ll share with you guys. I’m either being screwed or I’m a basket case because of all the stuff I read one here…lol
Sponsored