• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
If your car is two weeks out, how is your deal not done, seems very odd...

Two cars incoming in the next week at Open Roads Honda in Brampton. Red one potentially today and white one apparently next week. I was speaking with the sales manager this morning about it
They want me to pay for a dealer fee + 7 extended warranty + rust proofing. I told them I don't want those and am trying to see what other options I can get instead. I'll go in tomorrow and see what can be changed.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
They want me to pay for a dealer fee + 7 extended warranty + rust proofing. I told them I don't want those and am trying to see what other options I can get instead. I'll go in tomorrow and see what can be changed.
I'll take if off u lol.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I'll take it, if you don't

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I just got back from my dealer in Alberta. My cars arrived and it looks awesome. It still needs to be PDI'd and have PPF installed and stuff. But I'm pumped about it! The seats are amazing to sit in. Im very lucky and the dealer wasn't even able to choose their color so I'm lucky getting CW. I paid 57k out the door. The dealer was super good to me. I can't share what dealer however because they have been getting bombed with requests for this car lol.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221111_110441

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221111_110327

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
That makes sense. Good luck, hope you get what you're after!

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I just got back from my dealer in Alberta. My cars arrived and it looks awesome. It still needs to be PDI'd and have PPF installed and stuff. But I'm pumped about it! The seats are amazing to sit in. Im very lucky and the dealer wasn't even able to choose their color so I'm lucky getting CW. I paid 57k out the door. The dealer was super good to me. I can't share what dealer however because they have been getting bombed with requests for this car lol.

20221111_110441.jpg

20221111_110327.jpg
Beautiful so jealous, enjoy in good health

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R

20221111_110441.jpg

20221111_110327.jpg
$57k is an amazing price even though you have less tax than others at 13-15%. Still an amazing price!

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
that's an excellent price all in. Congratulations! I believe it's snowing already in Calgary, are you planning to drive in the winter? If so, what size winters have you decided on.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
that's an excellent price all in. Congratulations! I believe it's snowing already in Calgary, are you planning to drive in the winter? If so, what size winters have you decided on.
I do not plan to winter drive it however I am getting a winter tire package just to get it home safely lol. And Maybe drive it a couple times on a nice winter day. This car will be mainly summer

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS
Lmaooo the dealer shenanigans are insane. I also caught wind of 2 dealers having a car on lot. One I havenā€™t spoken to but one I am speaking with and they said the same thing @RoidRage mentioned. You can come see it but we donā€™t know who itā€™s allocated to. Lmaooo

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Lmaooo the dealer shenanigans are insane. I also caught wind of 2 dealers having a car on lot. One I havenā€™t spoken to but one I am speaking with and they said the same thing @RoidRage mentioned. You can come see it but we donā€™t know who itā€™s allocated to. Lmaooo
I've officially asked for all deposits back. I'm done with this BS. Next up GRC, Type S or G80/G87 whatever comes first will be my last ICE manual car haha.

Just wanted to say GL to everyone here, thanks for putting up with my shit. To anyone I may have offended, didn't intend any of it and no hard feelings. I wish you all the best!

Last edited:

FL5 4WIN

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW Civic Type R, 2014 Track FRS
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want PXL_20221111_191031203

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want PXL_20221111_211407448

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want PXL_20221111_191713348.MP

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want PXL_20221111_191807254

Took #46 home this afternoon.
Was #2 on list, with potential delivery of late next summer but #1 backed away so I got the very unexpected call this week to see if I wanted to grab it. Wasn't my first choice for color but once seeing it in person there was no way I wasn't taking it.

MSRP, only extras were of my choosing.

I know everyone's dealership experience will be different but I was very fortunate to have an incredibly open and honest experience right from the get-go last summer when I bought my '22 Civic hatchback and put my deposit down for the Type R. Thank you Kanata Honda.

A couple of the service techs asked to get the group shot of the 3 Type Rs. Pretty cool!

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Congrats! Probably the first we know of in Ontario? May I ask which dealership?

EDIT: Such a low number too, so dope!
Sponsored

Last edited: