• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
yess 100% Honda Canada is the issue, the difference from being a rare car to an extremely rare car, it almost impossible to get an FL5 in Canada, it was way easier to get a Fk8 between 2017-2020
Why do you think Honda Canada doesn’t want to sell more cars? It’s a business. They want more to profit from the car, financing, warranty, etc.

Last edited:

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Why do you think Honda Canada doesn’t want to sell more cars? It’s a business. They want more to profit from the car, financing, warranty, etc.
They do, they want to sell them as Acura’s.

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Acura only exist here and in the USA…
And look at the numbers the US is getting of the FL5. It’s more a global allocation issue. I can assure you Honda Canada would love more FL5’s to sell, because they would still sell all of their ITS allocations.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
And look at the numbers the US is getting of the FL5. It’s more a global allocation issue. I can assure you Honda Canada would love more FL5’s to sell, because they would still sell all of their ITS allocations.
what most refer to is the Australia situation… they have 2x more cars, and its still possible to order as of today with a late 2024 delivery. Of course its a limited car, but Honda Canada still did a worst job than Honda Australia, no matter what you think. In the USA the car is sitting in many dealers because of ADM but thats a totally different story… still , if they are 10x more in population, they received more than 10x our allocation…

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
what most refer to is the Australia situation… they have 2x more cars, and its still possible to order as of today with a late 2024 delivery. Of course its a limited car, but Honda Canada still did a worst job than Honda Australia, no matter what you think. In the USA the car is sitting in many dealers because of ADM but thats a totally different story… still , if they are 10x more in population, they received more than 10x our allocation…
I think another reason for the Australian Market to have more FL5 than us is because they are also a right handed drive country same as Japan. Also, Honda Canada is sh*t.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I think another reason for the Australian Market to have more FL5 than us is because they are also a right handed drive country same as Japan. Also, Honda Canada is sh*t.
I guess they are maybe getting allocation originally for the Japan… still… with many allocation sitting in USA dealership, maybe we could get a boost in our allocation and less for the USA… I think we are the only country where its literrally impossible to order a car since 2022…

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I guess they are maybe getting allocation originally for the Japan… still… with many allocation sitting in USA dealership, maybe we could get a boost in our allocation and less for the USA… I think we are the only country where its literrally impossible to order a car since 2022…
This reminds me of when people in Eastern Europe in the late 70s had to wait to get their cars, my parents included. You waited forever on some list, and when the time came, you got whatever color they had that month, paid, and shut up. Some had red Dacias, some white, some yellow, and that's just the way it was.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
This reminds me of when people in Eastern Europe in the late 70s had to wait to get their cars, my parents included. You waited forever on some list, and when the time came, you got whatever color they had that month, paid, and shut up. Some had red Dacias, some white, some yellow, and that's just the way it was.

Would like to have a Sandero hatch as a secondary car, too bad they don't sell them here.
Wish we had the Transfagarasan here too hehe. Never get tired of driving on the Transfagarasan and Transalpina. :drive:

"The best [driving] road in the world." - Jeremy Clarkson

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1684870864236

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1684870890468

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1684870907147
Sponsored