• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Catback exhaust by weight

keebytie9

First Name
Keeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
I know there are quite a few discussions of exhausts but most of them focus on sound. Of course I love a good sounding exhaust but I was more curious about their weight compared to the stock. If anyone has information on their aftermarket catback exhaust weight and how much weight savings you get please let me know.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I know there are quite a few discussions of exhausts but most of them focus on sound. Of course I love a good sounding exhaust but I was more curious about their weight compared to the stock. If anyone has information on their aftermarket catback exhaust weight and how much weight savings you get please let me know.
Most of them the weight savings are minimal, the best route to save weight would be the titanium ones.

OP
OP

keebytie9

First Name
Keeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
Most of them the weight savings are minimal, the best route to save weight would be the titanium ones.
Thanks for that information. So far I haven’t seen any titanium exhaust. A quick google search only showed some that had titanium exhaust tips. I’m assuming manufacturers don’t see much of a market for SI owners. Unless you happen to know any?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
That is a fair assumption. There's barely a titanium exhaust market for the FL5, so I wouldn't expect there to be many options if any for the Si. I believe there are only 6 titanium exhausts available for the FL5 (Amuse R1, Remark, PLM, Tomei, Aeroflow Dynamics, and Fujitsubo) and the take rate can't be very high since you don't see much media available on them over what's on the manufacturer's website.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for that information. So far I haven’t seen any titanium exhaust. A quick google search only showed some that had titanium exhaust tips. I’m assuming manufacturers don’t see much of a market for SI owners. Unless you happen to know any?
For a Si they will be virtually non existent. They are marketed more for the R.
Sponsored