• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Afoonamedcarlos

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic Soort Touring Hatchback
Recently given an opportunity to use/test/review/keep a 3" catless downpipe for the 11th gen civic.

First thoughts. I was mad excited, I mean who wouldn't be. Instal was pretty straight forward. It was pretty easy. Besides breaking the top right turbo bolt. Easy fix. Instal was about an hour tops, including fixing the broken bolt.

I have a pre production dual catback, so it's honestly not loud at all. It is definitely deeper. Sounds way louder inside the car than it actually is. Can definitely tell it pulls harder after 3k.

Faint turbo-whistle sound.

The pops/crackles, are mad annoying.i have a 6spd. If you shift under/around 3-4k you're gonna get hella bangs. Full throttle sounds really good, and you get a sweet sound when shifting. If you're driving, and let off the gas at around 4k, when it goes down to about 3 you will get a LOUD pop. Almost like a firework.

I made the mistake of removing my resonator on my catback way before I had the downpipe. So It was mad raspy in some parts, started around 3k. Goes away, comes back around 4-4.5. typical Honda rasp sound.

I ran untuned, had no CEL.(defouler)

I don't think these will be available, or sold. Something about EPA. Below is a small sound clip I've posted to YouTube. I'm sorry, I'm not the best video person.

*Disclaimer
Downpipe was used for off road testing only, I am not a part of or work for any company/organization.

11th Gen Honda Civic Catless downpipe review/test on 1.5T Civic Sport Touring IMG20220701095758

11th Gen Honda Civic Catless downpipe review/test on 1.5T Civic Sport Touring IMG20220701105050
Sponsored

Last edited:

DmoneyDeckwa

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport, 2022 civic si
i love a simple muffler delete , anything other than that or a catback exhaust sounds absolutely wild and way too aggressive for the car. IMO.

Only_Sonic.SI

First Name
Rai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI 1995 MIts Vr-4
Now I'm curious if it will sound different in an SI since it has a different stock exhaust. I also have reso delete on my SI , and do not want that rasp.

aingoglia12

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2014 Focus ST
Now I'm curious if it will sound different in an SI since it has a different stock exhaust. I also have reso delete on my SI , and do not want that rasp.
I have a 27WON high flow cat on my Si. The sound isn’t super loud with the stock exhaust, when you get up there in RPMs you can definitely hear it. Down low it is definitely louder, with some crackles and an occasional pop.

Ctrdanny

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Recently given an opportunity to use/test/review/keep a 3" catless downpipe for the 11th gen civic.

First thoughts. I was mad excited, I mean who wouldn't be. Instal was pretty straight forward. It was pretty easy. Besides breaking the top right turbo bolt. Easy fix. Instal was about an hour tops, including fixing the broken bolt.

I have a pre production dual catback, so it's honestly not loud at all. It is definitely deeper. Sounds way louder inside the car than it actually is. Can definitely tell it pulls harder after 3k.

Faint turbo-whistle sound.

The pops/crackles, are mad annoying.i have a 6spd. If you shift under/around 3-4k you're gonna get hella bangs. Full throttle sounds really good, and you get a sweet sound when shifting. If you're driving, and let off the gas at around 4k, when it goes down to about 3 you will get a LOUD pop. Almost like a firework.

I made the mistake of removing my resonator on my catback way before I had the downpipe. So It was mad raspy in some parts, started around 3k. Goes away, comes back around 4-4.5. typical Honda rasp sound.

I ran untuned, had no CEL.(defouler)

I don't think these will be available, or sold. Something about EPA. Below is a small sound clip I've posted to YouTube. I'm sorry, I'm not the best video person.

*Disclaimer
Downpipe was used for off road testing only, I am not a part of or work for any company/organization.

IMG20220701095758.jpg

IMG20220701105050.jpg
Really interested on getting my hands on one of these pls lmk if they will sell Atleast a small batch 🙏🏼
Sponsored