• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Coming from 10th Gen Civic Si

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si Sedan
Hi guys,

I wanted to make this post because I wanted to see what is your take on the issues we had with the 10th gen and wanted to see if some of them if not all were resolved:

1) Oil dilution. What is your take on it? are you experiencing any?

2)Head bolts/studs. Do we need to upgrade to ARP head studs or are these factory one better than the ones on the 10th gen?

3)Rev hang. I feel like it's not so bad on this car than the 10th gen, what do you think?

4)Clutch. I just got my car yesterday and haven't done any mod but experience with slipping with a little extra boost?

Thanks guys in advance. proud owner of a 2023 Aegean blue Civic Si.

Pic for attention.

11th Gen Honda Civic Coming from 10th Gen Civic Si 20230919_134843
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Now I miss my 2017 AB SI. Except I got the same color on my 2018 FK8. Helped sway my spouse when I traded it in...
I had no oil dilution issues on the 10th gen SI, so was wondering what everyone was carrying on about. Yes, I drove it on very few short trips, so that may have saved me from this.
Also noticed brakes and pads seemed to last forever on the 10th gen SI (unlike the FK8) so hopefully that has been retained for the 11th gen.
What is your opinion of the ride / handling balance since I seem to recall the 11th gen did away with the adaptive dampers? Too soft? Too hard? Or just right and therefore no big deal not to have a 'sport' setting?
Thank you.

Robdog2232

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si
Never had issues with my 10th gen, just liked the styling of the 11th better. I don't miss the adaptive dampers, never had issues with oil dilution. The rev hang is considerably less noticable than the tenth gen.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I am in the apparently in the minority of people who liked the 10th gen styling. Ironically, I get nothing but positive comments -unsolicited - from total strangers of all ages and gender.

That said, I can certainly appreciate those who wanted a more sleek and toned down look.
Certainly the change hasn't hurt sales.
Not that Honda wasn't already selling every Type R and SI they made.

Enjoy, you are driving a legend.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Styling is subjective. I actually think the 10th gen Si coupe isn't that bad looking and it's the Type R that most people think of when they think of 10th gen which is pretty overdone. I once convinced myself I could like the styling enough to put money down on and FK8 but I opted to get an M2 instead. The FK8 isn't even that old and I feel it's already looking dated and the FL5 is much better looking with cleaner body lines and nice rear hips that aren't tacked on. I am middle age though so I can understand the younger demographic may like that styling.
Sponsored