• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cruise Control Issues

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Fresh news today from that thread:

(I'm just the messenger -- a forum member over there posted the above quote)
FINALLY

Can someone look up the TSB and post the details?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Yaw data causes the car to "freak out" ? . So it thinks the car is about the flip over , lol. Each time it happens to me the car is on a perfectly smooth and flat road, nothing odd about the event. Glad to hear they found an possible answer to this issue.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Here’s an update. Went to go do this on my car today at the shop. First screen is what we see in “HDS” when it’s searching for any available updates once your vehicle is plugged into obd2.

What is supposed to show up would say “ACC/CMBS”, but in the second picture, you’ll see that apparently either my car, or the update itself, isn’t ready for it yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone else should update here too so we can see who’s getting what?!!

Attachments

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s an update. Went to go do this on my car today at the shop. First screen is what we see in “HDS” when it’s searching for any available updates once your vehicle is plugged into obd2.

What is supposed to show up would say “ACC/CMBS”, but in the second picture, you’ll see that apparently either my car, or the update itself, isn’t ready for it yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone else should update here too so we can see who’s getting what?!!
Interesting. I did take my car in this morning and they said that they applied the update. I didn't see them do it though. Is there a way to confirm it was done? I do have the sheet they give with details on what work was done, and its got some info on it that matches the TSB. So I assume it was done?

11th Gen Honda Civic Cruise Control Issues IMG_1799

Last edited:

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I did take my car in this morning and they said that they applied the update. I didn't see them do it though. Is there a way to confirm it was done? I do have the sheet they give with details on what work was done, and its got some info on it that matches the TSB. So I assume it was done?

IMG_1799.jpg
I ain’t trying to start shit 🤣 but the two codes on that form are 15-027 and 18-006. Both of those are ACC related codes, but from prior years. But that doesn’t mean trouble. It’s likely just typical lazy service advisor putting some randomness on the R.O. for us to “guess“ later 🤣
It “technically“ is supposed to show 22-008 but no fear, smart techs know that when u plug a car into HDS rewrite, it’s gonna pull up the most recent update available to that VIN anyway. So you’re likely all good 👍🏻

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ain’t trying to start shit 🤣 but the two codes on that form are 15-027 and 18-006. Both of those are ACC related codes, but from prior years. But that doesn’t mean trouble. It’s likely just typical lazy service advisor putting some randomness on the R.O. for us to “guess“ later 🤣
It “technically“ is supposed to show 22-008 but no fear, smart techs know that when u plug a car into HDS rewrite, it’s gonna pull up the most recent update available to that VIN anyway. So you’re likely all good 👍🏻
Haha. Oh great. The other numbers and codes appear to match what's on the TSB. I didn't really look into the 15-027 and 18-006. I suppose if there wasn't an update available, they would have just said that.

Thanks for the insight though. Hopefully all is good like you said. I wish there was a log somewhere or a list of applied updates that I could just see through the head unit or something. That probably makes too much sense.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Oh great. The other numbers and codes appear to match what's on the TSB. I didn't really look into the 15-027 and 18-006. I suppose if there wasn't an update available, they would have just said that.

Thanks for the insight though. Hopefully all is good like you said. I wish there was a log somewhere or a list of applied updates that I could just see through the head unit or something. That probably makes too much sense.
Yeah you’d have to hack in if you had the right software. 🤣 Someone on our end could dig deep enough to see what’s currently listed in the ECU files. But that’s way too much time spent to justify the effort.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s ALOT of shit tech‘s in dealerships around the globe. I could name a few at our shop too. 🤦🏻‍♂️

But most techs wanna get it out fast and correctly. Because if they do it right the first time, they get paid, see ya later, next car. Repeat issues are a massive time-drain for flat-rate techs! They could spend an hour diagnosing, or 15 minutes on the fix. End result, mouths get fed 👍🏻

swankyjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX-L Hatchback
Jumping into this post, I have also had cruise control completely turning off while on the highway (with our without using Lane Keep). I went in this morning to get the SW update and here is my invoice if anyone is curious.

Attachments

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jumping into this post, I have also had cruise control completely turning off while on the highway (with our without using Lane Keep). I went in this morning to get the SW update and here is my invoice if anyone is curious.
Yeah so you’re good from the looks of that RO 👍🏻

No such luck for me.
Mine still says “no update available at this time” 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored