• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cruise Control Issues

billyalice

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport MT
I drive a 2018 Hatchback Sport Man 6spd. I have found after 60,000 miles of driving that this is great low friction driver. I typically will take the car out of gear 1/4 mile to allow for coast down to as the car loses very little speed. For those of you driving with Low Speed Follow option, note that the vehicle tries to maintain distance to the vehicle ahead of you. As a result, you will constantly be be accelerating/decelerating to maintain this distance if your cruise speed is set higher than the vehicle in front of you. Similar to driving with the gas pedal pressed and then released. At times, the brakes will apply to maintain the distance, Not the most comfortable of driving modes causing poorer gas mpg's plus the added wear of accelerating and decelerating on the drivetrain. This mode is mostly usefull on the open road as a safety function when you are overtaking slower vehicles.
Time to watch the road and drive with anticipation.
Sponsored

TDI

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic EX, 14 Audi Q5 TDI
My 2 month old car with just 2k on it started this random shutting off the cruise problem. Then there is no cruise until a restart. Service advisor read me the ridiculous $80 to diagnose clause. (where do the fn lawyers get off).
Anyway I might have buyers remorse now that I can't connect my VAG com and fix the problem. It is a major inconvenience to take the car in.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
My 2 month old car with just 2k on it started this random shutting off the cruise problem. Then there is no cruise until a restart. Service advisor read me the ridiculous $80 to diagnose clause. (where do the fn lawyers get off).
Anyway I might have buyers remorse now that I can't connect my VAG com and fix the problem. It is a major inconvenience to take the car in.
Yeah I had all honda sensing features take a shit on me which meant no CC... had to clear DTC errors for everything to come back. I get a CC shut off every once in a while on my daily drive.

Fever308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Do you have something attached to the windshield like a dashcam, EZpass or I-pass? If so, a few other owners and I have noticed that if you put it anywhere near the center top of the windshield near the LKAS/Cruise Control module, it can cause problems. My LKAS would hug the right until I moved my I-pass to the top left and now it has no issues.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Do you have something attached to the windshield like a dashcam, EZpass or I-pass? If so, a few other owners and I have noticed that if you put it anywhere near the center top of the windshield near the LKAS/Cruise Control module, it can cause problems. My LKAS would hug the right until I moved my I-pass to the top left and now it has no issues.
No I don’t have anything, the cars been behaving pretty good recently but usually it’s just cruise shutting off randomly…. We’ll see what happens with future software updates

TDI

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic EX, 14 Audi Q5 TDI
My windshield developed a small crack on the far right from a rock chip. It would suck if this is the cause. The cruise worked fine all day today, it was overcast, I am wondering if glare has something to do with it.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
On a recent road trip my '22 Si's tach started fluctuating (bouncing) between 4k-5k rpms when I tried to disengage the cruise control with the button while the car is in motion. Actual engine rpms were in the normal 3k range for the speed I was going. Tapping the brakes did not seem to effect the tach. Very weird. Anyone else experience this?

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Just as an FYI, Honda has said they are aware of issues with the CC system (related to it shutting off without warning/unable to turn back on until stopped or car restarted) and that an update or recall should be coming.

There is a much larger thread on another Civic forum with tons of people experiencing issues (including myself).

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
On a recent road trip my '22 Si's tach started fluctuating (bouncing) between 4k-5k rpms when I tried to disengage the cruise control with the button while the car is in motion. Actual engine rpms were in the normal 3k range for the speed I was going. Tapping the brakes did not seem to effect the tach. Very weird. Anyone else experience this?
are you tuned? might be on the fly map switching if so.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Just as an FYI, Honda has said they are aware of issues with the CC system (related to it shutting off without warning/unable to turn back on until stopped or car restarted) and that an update or recall should be coming.

There is a much larger thread on another Civic forum with tons of people experiencing issues (including myself).
good its about time I get tired of losing my cc halfway through my daily drive lol

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.

This thread? (a certain site that rhymes with Civic Eleven Forum) /threads/anybody-having-cruise-control-issues.963

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
This thread? (a certain site that rhymes with Civic Eleven Forum) /threads/anybody-having-cruise-control-issues.963
That's the one. ;)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
That's the one. ;)
Fresh news today from that thread:

It's a software update and dealerships received an email about it today from Honda. C/S CRUISE CONTROL SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING, REF BULLETIN 22-008
(I'm just the messenger -- a forum member over there posted the above quote)