• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CVT temp

jequiz

First Name
Jequiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch Sport
So when I drive in sports mode, the trans temp reaches all the way above 100c (212f) and sometimes even 107c (224f). Does anyone share a similar experience?
Sponsored

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
i would get an an external transmission cooler if you are getting temps that high. 220 pretty much the max temperature you want to see. not good for longevity.

OP
OP

jequiz

First Name
Jequiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch Sport
Those seem about normal operating temps. Should compare it to temps when in the normal driving mode. If you are concerned, definitely look into getting a transmission cooler.
yh, normal driving its around 97c (207f) but ain’t that still a bit high for a cvt no?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
yh, normal driving its around 97c (207f) but ain’t that still a bit high for a cvt no?
Yeah, its normal. Expect it to get warmer if you're pushing the car harder and in sports mode. You can search on the forum and find similar posts talking about the same thing with similar numbers. Also, from your profile it looks like you live in Texas, so obviously in a warmer climate things would be warmer under the hood too. As I said, if its still a concern to you, then get a transmission cooler.

OP
OP

jequiz

First Name
Jequiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch Sport
Yeah, its normal. Expect it to get warmer if you're pushing the car harder and in sports mode. You can search on the forum and find similar posts talking about the same thing with similar numbers. Also, from your profile it looks like you live in Texas, so obviously in a warmer climate things would be warmer under the hood too. As I said, if its still a concern to you, then get a transmission cooler.
tysm i really appreciated it!
Sponsored