• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark infotainment screen, no navigation, and steering wheel volume controls out?

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
Anyone have any issues with their infotainment screen going almost black, losing the steering wheel volume control and navigation going blank? Going to be making an appointment for service, but wanted to see if others have had the same issue. Car is 2024 with only 650 miles... Not off to a great start.
Sponsored

Motpeds

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - CW
I've had this happen to me once or twice when starting up the car in very cold temps (im in Chicago) and trying to use the infotainment system as soon as the car is on. I now give it a bit before trying to press or change anything and it hasn't happened again.

Never had this happen in the summer so I'm suspecting the cold is the driving factor.

OP
OP

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had this happen to me once or twice when starting up the car in very cold temps (im in Chicago) and trying to use the infotainment system as soon as the car is on. I now give it a bit before trying to press or change anything and it hasn't happened again.

Never had this happen in the summer so I'm suspecting the cold is the driving factor.
That makes sense considering it's been less than 10 degree's here. Hopefully thats it and it returns to normal soon.

OP
OP

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem solved with an infotainment system reset following the procedure below:

1 Hold home+power+previous
2 Tap detailed information and settings
3 Hold back+power+previous
4 Tap system reboot

Hopefully it was just a hiccup related to the extreme cold we've been experiencing and that this post may help someone else in the future

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Ypur in the chi area

You in the chi area me too where abouts...?

Motpeds

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - CW
Problem solved with an infotainment system reset following the procedure below:

1 Hold home+power+previous
2 Tap detailed information and settings
3 Hold back+power+previous
4 Tap system reboot

Hopefully it was just a hiccup related to the extreme cold we've been experiencing and that this post may help someone else in the future
Amazing. Will give this a try!

Ypur in the chi area
You in the chi area me too where abouts...?
Im in Hyde Park, but i'm always all over the city. She's my daily so even in this weather she's out and about.
You?

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Southwest suburbs.. and she up on dollys now...I have another Honda for my daily 22 Accord ,have you done any local shows yet? Maybe I'll see you around I have the BB.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dark infotainment screen, no navigation, and steering wheel volume controls out? 20231201_115352
Sponsored