• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Extended Range Fuel Tank?

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
This at the end is complaining about the car fuel range. I just think ridiculous that I can only get 210-230 before the lights comes on. I like the car not range
Sponsored

OP
OP

HeroicDeath

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 991.2 C4GTS, GLE350d
I really don't understand y'all... you bought a track focused car and are complaining it's not good for road trips or can go long enough without refueling. If having more range is important, then you bought the wrong car.
Its annoying to have to fill up at the track, not to mention its always expensive. A track car doesn't mean that it can't have a larger fuel tank, in fact it usually has larger fuel tanks as a result of it being a enthusiast's car.

And don't give me the spiel about it being a track car and needing it to be lightweight, because that's really a BS reason.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
It's a street car, and a fantastic one at that! I did not buy it to go to the race track. I might do a track day in it at some point if I don't want to mess with the race car, but that does not mean that for MOST of my use I don't want a decent usable range. The range on this thing is only a little bit better than the 5.0 mustangs I grew up with (or my buddy's Harley with the ridiculous "peanut" tank for that matter). There is no defending a modern car with a 200 mile usable range.

If we are going to throw stones though, I will say anyone getting 27mpg out of one of these on anything other than a road trip is not enjoying the car!
No intentionally throwing stones - just stating that longer trips / traffic make the most difference in mileage. I get to do more long trips, so get good mileage, no matter how much I get on it. Short trips or bad traffic? Much, much worse mileage.

Obviously the point of these cars is to have fun. No argument there.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I fill-up and the next day gas prices drop and I'm upset. Then I realize I need to refill tomorrow and hope it doesn't go back up.
Sponsored