• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Extremely concerning data sharing by Honda and other makers about our driving with insurance/LexisNexis

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
It’s a lot more than that. Can locate my car- used it when leaving a football game because I had no idea where I parked. Can see if there are any DTCs lit, check fuel, oil life/maintenance minder, mileage. Can set a geofence and get alerted if it exits (I do this when dropping off at my detailed), can set speed alerts (same as before), send locations to the nav from my phone, etc. The Honda Link page details everything. It’s only $120 a year. Only thing it lacks is driver feedback, which I wish it had. It does much more than the key fob functions.
Is this even possible on the Type R?
I'm pretty sure Acura removed these features on the ITS.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
If I do this I might get locked out of my car😂. I leave my keys in it all the time.
It detected keys in the car and won't lock. Trust me I had it happen after times in the past, not anymore with the newer vehicles.

Superhatch

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 NSX, 2007 Civic Si, 2019 Monkey
I reached out to Honda support to ask them directly about the data. Not sure if any of you have yet, but I'll definitely share what they say!
I'm curious to see what they say. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on the topic but it seems mainly like opinions or interpretations without any official word from anyone at Honda.

You would assume that the Type R wouldn't be included in this because of it's track focused nature, but in the GM lawsuit one of the plaintiffs said their C8 Corvette was reported while he was on track for hard breaking and cornering and his insurance went up.

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
As per the owners manual (when I try uploading the jpg here it says to contact an admin lol)

It's likely that "the Software" they are referring to here is HondaLink, so even if you signed up for it, you might still have time to prevent any data collection

Superhatch

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 NSX, 2007 Civic Si, 2019 Monkey
From the website in the manual: (links to here) https://mygarage.honda.com/s/vehicle-data-privacy-settings-result?result=no

To turn off vehicle uploads, uninstall the HondaLink application from your mobile device and refrain from connecting your vehicle to any Wi-Fi networks.

To disable 'HondaLink Connect' from your vehicle's Display Audio System by following these instructions.

• Select ‘Home
  • Select ‘Settings
  • Select ‘Infoor Clock/Info
  • Select the ‘HondaLink‘ tab
  • Select ‘Diagnostics & Location Data
  • Select ‘Disable
  • Restart your vehicle
I am making an assumption that this would also disable data back to Honda regarding Verisk/LexisNexis. Hopefully we can get clarification directly from Honda at some point.
Sponsored