• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FC3 to FL5

Ivy

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Boost Blue FL5, 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Hello. New Type R owner. Ivy has 865 miles already. Boost blue #20265. *Formerly Powder on Civicx*

Previous wip was a 2020 FC3 FBO w/ a bunch of suspension mods, upgrades and a Phearable 1.5R tune traded in right under 76k miles.

The difference is non-comparable. 2 completely different machines. I wish I could tell my old self: dude you don't stand a chance.
I love Ivy and I'm ecstatic with the trade.

The SI is amazing. For a kid.
It's fast, great on gas, light, nimble, handles like a go-kart and spanked a lot of American muscle. I found myself screaming out the window a couple times "and I'm still getting 30 miles to the gallon right now!" Great family and all around great car. I sold it because my gut was telling me that I was either gonna shred the gearbox or throw a rod. The power delivery was just too brutal.

The Type-R is well, for adults.
It's refined, poised, smooth yet devastatingly fast and everything about it is better and, again, non-comparable. The tech too like honda sensing is so much better (minus the fact u can't disable brake assist while driving). the apple car play is instant and wireless with no BS and lag free after u get rid of navi. Ok, I'll stop.

If I were to make a conclusion, I would say my FBO FC3 felt more like what I expected of a Type R and my Type R should of been called the Honda Gran Turismo.

Seriously tho, I take at least 3 breaks a day to go stare at my car. "It hits hard" like my teens say.

11th Gen Honda Civic FC3 to FL5 tempImageGRt0BF
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hello. New Type R owner. Ivy has 865 miles already. Boost blue #20265. *Formerly Powder on Civicx*

Previous wip was a 2020 FC3 FBO w/ a bunch of suspension mods, upgrades and a Phearable 1.5R tune traded in right under 76k miles.

The difference is non-comparable. 2 completely different machines. I wish I could tell my old self: dude you don't stand a chance.
I love Ivy and I'm ecstatic with the trade.

The SI is amazing. For a kid.
It's fast, great on gas, light, nimble, handles like a go-kart and spanked a lot of American muscle. I found myself screaming out the window a couple times "and I'm still getting 30 miles to the gallon right now!" Great family and all around great car. I sold it because my gut was telling me that I was either gonna shred the gearbox or throw a rod. The power delivery was just too brutal.

The Type-R is well, for adults.
It's refined, poised, smooth yet devastatingly fast and everything about it is better and, again, non-comparable. The tech too like honda sensing is so much better (minus the fact u can't disable brake assist while driving). the apple car play is instant and wireless with no BS and lag free after u get rid of navi. Ok, I'll stop.

If I were to make a conclusion, I would say my FBO FC3 felt more like what I expected of a Type R and my Type R should of been called the Honda Gran Turismo.

Seriously tho, I take at least 3 breaks a day to go stare at my car. "It hits hard" like my teens say.

tempImageGRt0BF.png
Welcome and congrats on the upgrade.

Reactions: Ivy

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I went from an SI to an FK8, and yes, it was worth every penny. And it was a lot of pennies...

Gorgeous car pics, you got a great color. You are driving the dream. Enjoy!