• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 (BS?) Autocross Thread

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Did not see one so figured I would start one.

*edit* oem wheels are 19x9.5 5x120 et60.

18x9.5 et53-60 will be needed to stay in stock class. What tire to run? 285-30-18? 295-30-18 if it fits without rubbing? Will the car be in BS given the FK8 LE was put in BS and the FL5 is quicker around a road course than the LE? Can it be competitive in BS? Feel free to add your 2 cents.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Race this thing? I think NOT!

It's my grocery getter.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
I would bet it will go to BS like the LE. (I personally thinks its ridiculous the FK8 LE is in BS, but SCCA classing is weird at times) I hope a 285 could fit since some of the FK8s were running 275s. also awesome that we can run 18s in street class now too.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Race this thing? I think NOT!

It's my grocery getter.
Everyone knows that autocross isnā€™t real racing. šŸ˜‰

Side note: Your car is more likely to get damaged in a grocery store parking lot by a soccer mom or stray cart!

Until we know curb weight and power figures itā€™s too hard to say. I hope itā€™s in the same class as the standard FK8. Will be lame if it can only compete against a super rare FK8 that youā€™ll likely never see at your local autocross event.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone knows that autocross isnā€™t real racing. šŸ˜‰

Side note: Your car is more likely to get damaged in a grocery store parking lot by a soccer mom or stray cart!

Until we know curb weight and power figures itā€™s too hard to say. I hope itā€™s in the same class as the standard FK8. Will be lame if it can only compete against a super rare FK8 that youā€™ll likely never see at your local autocross event.
At least locally all of the DS guys are hoping its not going to DS šŸ¤£ We have 4 or 5 regulars all with co drivers and one of them is first in line for the FL5

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I hope it lands in DS too for the record I run an FK8 now in DS the fact that you can stuff so much tire on it may make it the car to beat. BS would be some BS having to compete with the GR Supra M2 etc.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Bumping this up. Added wheel specs to the original post. Have been looking at wheel options 18x9.5 et 53-60. Apex has two offerings that fit the bill:

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/apex-arc-8-wheel-18x95-5x120-offset-58/

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/apex-ec-7-wheel-18x95-5x120-offset-58/

However apparently these will not clear the Brembos :/

Will be interesting if tirerack works with anyone to commission an autox wheel for the car like they did with Motegi for the FK8.

Last edited:

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
the wheel and tire size alone will probably put it in BS. I think it can still compete, and on a rain day it might be very good :)

as for wheels right now, the best option is the 19" forged accessory wheel. 18" id say something custom like BC forged or forgelines.

Big question is tire sizes..... if they shortened the final drive means 2nd will be even shorter...

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
the wheel and tire size alone will probably put it in BS. I think it can still compete, and on a rain day it might be very good :)

as for wheels right now, the best option is the 19" forged accessory wheel. 18" id say something custom like BC forged or forgelines.

Big question is tire sizes..... if they shortened the final drive means 2nd will be even shorter...
The final drive is numerically shorter so gears are slightly longer :)
Interestingly in my region BS is less competitive I would probably have a better shot at winning consistently lol

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The final drive is numerically shorter so gears are slightly longer :)
Interestingly in my region BS is less competitive I would probably have a better shot at winning consistently lol

longer is good!

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
longer is good!
Our courses are fairly tight I'm actually looking forward more to the increased torque and better potentially superior transient response. I still think 285/30/18 may be the ticket if a proper offset 18x9.5 wheel comes out. Otherwise I'll likely do 275/30/19 RT660 on the forged optional wheel.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In the R&T PCOTY video. Matt Farah said second gear is good for 63mph. I'm hoping it goes into BS because it will be a weapon on my region's courses and the GS PAX didn't get any easier šŸ˜…

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the R&T PCOTY video. Matt Farah said second gear is good for 63mph. I'm hoping it goes into BS because it will be a weapon on my region's courses and the GS PAX didn't get any easier šŸ˜…

SAME, i wrote my letter. mine is stuck in California :(

I don't care where its classed to be honest. BS would be nice, would murder DS, but i got it to hopefully be a collector car.