• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
No, it's not.

A movie should not be announced as the best film of the year when it's been watched by one person for half an hour.
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Why are you getting your frilly panties in such a twist because someone has an opinion about a car and an award, that doesn't align with yours? Since when was being discerning and conscientious such a problem to people?

I own an FK8 and love the Type-R brand and fully support what Honda have done over the years. I don't support them adding £10k GBP to the UK price, especially when it costs less to ship from Japan to the UK than it does to ship to the US. They are simply ripping off UK customers and there's no excuse for that. I don't support Top Gear or anyone else claiming it is an American car when it's a Japanese car, as that is simply untrue. I don't support declaring something the best of the year when it is being judged short sightedly and cannot possibly be being judged on it's overall qualities or failings in such a short time. I am NOT saying the car is bad, hating on it, jealous, envious or saying the car does not ultimately deserve the award. I am simply saying that more consideration and time needs to be taken to make a fair, true and accurate overall judgement.

I'm a joke. OK. So you've turned to trying to insult me now, over a car, because I haven't bowed down to oh so superior you and your opinions. You've just exposed your level of intellect and innate inability to have a civilised discussion. Well done to you, you get a championship white/Type-R red, limited edition forum member of the year badge, for your failed attempt to get a rise from me. Saying I'm a joke does not mean you win 🙄.

Newsflash, I don't actually care what you think or that you disagree with my opinion, that's entirely your prerogative. I also hold the same right to have my opinion.

I won't be engaging with you any further.

Last edited:

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
it's, the same...
maybe a movie should wait for 10 weeks before it's rated?
Lol this would be hilarious! i think the movie should get an “R” rating because my 6 and 8 year olds were visibly upset at the scene where the one guy had his head cut in half during the sword fight. Also they still keep peaking in my bedroom at night to see if daddy makes mommy moan like that at bedtime!😂

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
To be fair the guy has a point, it's pretty limited exposure to a car to justify a Car Of The Year award. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the only point he's tried to make so I don't quite see why all the aggro.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Great choice for car of the year!!

The Last of the JDM non electric

hot hatch

Yes sir well people just worry about the price thats all...and a lot of clown here, some guy trying to justify why it got the award...it's hilarious the guy probably seen a picture of it lololololol,there are ro many people here crying about what they can't have regardless of why,I purchased my FL5 on Thursday the 15th and my expectations were exceeded why I drove it home.....I had pic on here, and after 4 days I took them all off....the people here are just uniformed trolls....crying and putting down what then can't have so I'm off this bs forum to.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Maybe just maybe, journalists have had 5-6 years to drive the FK8 and this is just an incremental improvement on that platform... so its not a stretch to call it COTY. Not that hard to figure out.
Sponsored