• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 OEM 19" Wheel Paint Code

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does anyone know what the paint code is for the FL5's oem black 19" wheels? I know the FK8 used Berlina Black from the S2000 and NSX.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
It's more of a flat/satin black on the FL5. It's definitely not a glossy Berlina Black.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
It's more of a flat/satin black on the FL5. It's definitely not a glossy Berlina Black.
indeed, a satin... and if you cannot match the satin, i wiped it with my finger to rough up the surface of the paint to make it match šŸ˜œ

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks for the post! Have you tried those ?
Yes, I applied the first one (Zink) listed as a base (two very thin coats after light, careful sanding with a Dremel) and then the matte finish afterwards, and with two thicker coats. If you do it, take the wheel off and do it in a dust free area. I didnā€™t take a beforehand picture of the curb rash after trying to extricate my car from being pinned between a curb and truck that parked so close I had to enter from the passenger side, but hereā€™s a picture I took afterwards only because it turned out ok. The abrasion was at about 9:00 in the photo (near valve) and about 8cm x 1cm. I watched a bunch of Youtube vids and took my time (>2hrs. including curing between coats). The gouges werenā€™t very deep (fortunately), but ugly as hell especially after sanding. Now, itā€™s near impossible to see, but I still know itā€™s there!

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 OEM 19" Wheel Paint Code BAB60A4E-6313-454D-BB96-1200BEDD328C

OP
OP
TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yes, I applied the first one (Zink) listed as a base (two very thin coats after light, careful sanding with a Dremel) and then the matte finish afterwards, and with two thicker coats.
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming this is the one you used for the base coat? I wasn't sure what you meant by "(Zink)"

https://www.amazon.ca/Wheel-Scratch...prefix=wheel+paint+black+sati,aps,224&sr=8-11

Unfortunately the Mission Auto Matte Black paint is no longer available at the moment. So I'd have to use the link above only. The FL5 wheels in my possession have a slight amount of gouge's from a Honda Tire tech.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yes, I applied the Zinc as base coats (Tesla Wheel Touch Up Paint for 20" Model Y Black Induction Rims - DIY Curb Rash Repair with Color-matched Touch Up Paint - Made in USA https://a.co/d/br5Lzm9). The Zink paint is really expensive, but considered to be a long-lasting product. However, it alone was to glossy, so I applied the satin paint (Wheel Scratch Fix Quick And Easy Wheel Touch Up Kit Universal Colors (Black (Satin)) https://a.co/d/etf394w) over it. It is a very close match as you can see from my posted photo. My best tips are to prep the surface by lightly and very carefully sanding and then to rub with alcohol. Apply thin coats until the final top coat. Use an artistā€™s fine-tip brush. The ones that come with the touch paints were too big and held too much paint for my application. Do all the work with the wheel off and in a dry, dust-free area. With patience and care, you can get a nice coverage. Itā€™s not what a pro shop could do, but much less expensive. And if you donā€™t like the results, you can always take it to a pro later. Hope this helps and feel free to reach out with questions.

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yes, I applied the first one (Zink) listed as a base (two very thin coats after light, careful sanding with a Dremel) and then the matte finish afterwards, and with two thicker coats. If you do it, take the wheel off and do it in a dust free area. I didnā€™t take a beforehand picture of the curb rash after trying to extricate my car from being pinned between a curb and truck that parked so close I had to enter from the passenger side, but hereā€™s a picture I took afterwards only because it turned out ok. The abrasion was at about 9:00 in the photo (near valve) and about 8cm x 1cm. I watched a bunch of Youtube vids and took my time (>2hrs. including curing between coats). The gouges werenā€™t very deep (fortunately), but ugly as hell especially after sanding. Now, itā€™s near impossible to see, but I still know itā€™s there!

BAB60A4E-6313-454D-BB96-1200BEDD328C.jpeg
Nice work on this. Will use your write up and links in the near future to fix my lightly curbed (2 wheels) OEM wheels.

I'll follow up then! Cheers!

-Anthony
Sponsored