• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Remote Start feature??

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I just got around to downloading the HondaLink app and pairing my car to it. Towards the bottom you can find your remote commands. I’m showing the little spinning arrow that says “start” and another that says “stop”. When I press “start”, the app attempts to run a command for less than a second and times out. Does this car hold that feature? Or is it something in development for the following years? Curious.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Remote Start feature?? IMG_8300
Sponsored

OP
OP
ELIAS64

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Also, I made sure the car was in neutral just in case it wants to, but unable to if in gear for obvious reasons.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Most cars won't have remote start if they're manual. I think all OEM remote starts are that way.

Fun story- when I was in tech school our class did brakes on another student's car. He was in a different class so our class did it. It was a nice EG hatch with a B16 in it. I parked the car when we were done. Backed it into a space that had the front end going slightly down hill. When I put the ebrake on I noticed it felt weak but whatever it's also in gear. A few hours later when leaving to go home I see his car had rolled down the hill, jumped a curb, and was hanging off the other side of the curb. Front end destroyed. I thought it had rolled because of the weak e brake and was shitting my pants. Come to find out he remote started it and the thing took off across the lot. I still felt a little bad but not near as guilty anymore.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
You can possibly install an aftermarket unit. Last I looked it wasn't available for the 11th gen as the plugnplay harness wasn't released. There are install instructions and videos for the 10th gen with manual. You have to do a pedal dance to confirm the car is in neutral and to enable the aftermarket remote start when exiting the vehicle each time.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Most cars won't have remote start if they're manual. I think all OEM remote starts are that way.

Fun story- when I was in tech school our class did brakes on another student's car. He was in a different class so our class did it. It was a nice EG hatch with a B16 in it. I parked the car when we were done. Backed it into a space that had the front end going slightly down hill. When I put the ebrake on I noticed it felt weak but whatever it's also in gear. A few hours later when leaving to go home I see his car had rolled down the hill, jumped a curb, and was hanging off the other side of the curb. Front end destroyed. I thought it had rolled because of the weak e brake and was shitting my pants. Come to find out he remote started it and the thing took off across the lot. I still felt a little bad but not near as guilty anymore.
This is right on. I had a Viper 791XV on my RSX Type S many years ago and getting a shop to connect the remote start was like finding an emissions station that would "look the other way" on your catless exhaust setup. Very few shops would touch a remote start on a manual because of the liability.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I just got around to downloading the HondaLink app and pairing my car to it. Towards the bottom you can find your remote commands. I’m showing the little spinning arrow that says “start” and another that says “stop”. When I press “start”, the app attempts to run a command for less than a second and times out. Does this car hold that feature? Or is it something in development for the following years? Curious.

I wouldn't even trust MYSELF with a remote start... i have such an instinct to leave/pop it in rev or forward from driving in the hills of Reno, NV, with both car and bike.

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Yeah i had Tesla as daily and the cabin temp control here in AZ was incredible. Wish we could do remote start with these but i agree with above poster - i would have too much anxiety about whether or not i put it in gear, too much of a habit.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yeah i had Tesla as daily and the cabin temp control here in AZ was incredible. Wish we could do remote start with these but i agree with above poster - i would have too much anxiety about whether or not i put it in gear, too much of a habit.
+1. Preconditioning is an absolute game changer. When it's really hot or cold I'll "Keep Climate On" if I need to run into a store or shop. Electricity is so inexpensive in GA the cost of the energy consumption is an after thought even if I keep it running for 30 minutes.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'll miss remote start for the winter here.

I will say the car seems to heat up quickly.

With the small fuel tank size and amazing fuel economy. I would probably average sub 20 mpg in winter with a remote start.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Looking online compustar remote start is compatible with the 2023 Civic. I'm not sure if the T-harness is available yet, no way I'm hacking up a brand-new car harness.

lebadge

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si SGP
I put an old viper remote start on my on my old 94' GSR(Still miss this car everyday), and ill tell you..hard lessons learned, remote started itself during an oil change..lol huge mess.. and remote started itself into a parking curb only to scuff a lip..lol

never again on a manual, tho it was nice to have in the winters.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I put an old viper remote start on my on my old 94' GSR(Still miss this car everyday), and ill tell you..hard lessons learned, remote started itself during an oil change..lol huge mess.. and remote started itself into a parking curb only to scuff a lip..lol

never again on a manual, tho it was nice to have in the winters.
Newer systems you have to do a pedal dance every time you exit the vehicle to confirm it's in neutral. Without this it disables the feature.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Shortly video on the Compustar which is a lot simpler than the last video I found on another system.
This system you leave the car running and apply parking brake, car in neutral, press a button on the remote key fob and exit vehicle.
Sponsored