• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

General questions about 2022 Sport sedan audio system

DP10

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello, I'm going to get later along the year a 2022 civic sport sedan as my first car, I am currently saving up for a decent down payment for it. I really liked it when I test drove the base model, but the sport has a lot of other things I prefer so I'm just going with the sport I wanted to ask some general questions about the 180w 8 speaker sound system since I can't find anything about it online (I only see info about the 12 speaker Bose one).

What is the speaker configuration (type of speaker and locations)? Who makes them? (the salesman from the dealer said alpine). How good is it audio quality and soundstage wise? Is it compatible with .FLAC files using Android auto with a app like AIMP? How upgradeable is it? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
The sport has 2 in the A-pillars, 2 in each door, and 2 on the rear shelf. Makes 8.

Who makes them? Irrelevant because they are shit lol. Want better sound, do like the rest of us unfortunately and ya gotta buy better speakers. Treat yourself to a nice amp to power them!! ?? You’ll be glad you did ??‍♂

OP
OP

DP10

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
[
The sport has 2 in the A-pillars, 2 in each door, and 2 on the rear shelf. Makes 8.

Who makes them? Irrelevant because they are shit lol. Want better sound, do like the rest of us unfortunately and ya gotta buy better speakers. Treat yourself to a nice amp to power them!! ?? You’ll be glad you did ??‍♂
Good to know, I heard that upgrading the sound system voids the warranty, is that true? Also do know how can you add a new amp to it, obviously the speakers are easy, but I don't know how you would go about to replace the stock amp and add a good one. Thanks in advance.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[

Good to know, I heard that upgrading the sound system voids the warranty, is that true? Also do know how can you add a new amp to it, obviously the speakers are easy, but I don't know how you would go about to replace the stock amp and add a good one. Thanks in advance.
You‘d have to consult with a car audio pro ??

Also:

Google “Magnussen-Moss Act”

TL-DR ;
the dealership is REQUIRED to prove that the modifcation is what caused the failure, before being allowed to void

OP
OP

DP10

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You‘d have to consult with a car audio pro ??

Also:

Google “Magnussen-Moss Act”

TL-DR ;
the dealership is REQUIRED to prove that the modifcation is what caused the failure, before being allowed to void
Thanks for the help, I'll certainly consult a car audio shop I have nearby.

Since you also have a 2.0L sport, I wanted to know, is the cabin noise really as bad as people say? I was only able to test it at about 30-40mph max since it was a tight street and such so I really couldn't test it as I would like.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help, I'll certainly consult a car audio shop I have nearby.

Since you also have a 2.0L sport, I wanted to know, is the cabin noise really as bad as people say? I was only able to test it at about 30-40mph max since it was a tight street and such so I really couldn't test it as I would like.
Haha yeah cabin noise isn’t ideal, but you get what you paid for, a smaller, more affordable car. The result is less money invested in sound deadening materials from the factory
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My last 7 leases have been a mixture of 4 civics and 3 accords. And cabin noise is naturally a lesser issue in the accords.

OP
OP

DP10

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks, atleast it should be better than the 70db more or less from what I currently get around in. A 2005 base Mitsubishi Lancer lol.

Nicole M. Cerda

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Undoubtedly, essay writing services are of great help to everyone who is faced with such a task. But since we have touched on this topic, it is worth noting that in this area there is a risk of falling for scammers. Using Papersowl as an example, after reading the article http://www.abestfashion.com/is-papersowl-legit-or-scam/ you can determine what parameters you should pay attention to when choosing such a service. I wish you good luck in this matter!
Sponsored