• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
OP stated that the treble slider affects >6K only and mid slider affects 500-1K only according to his testing. The RTA graph shown is done AFTER he has made adjustments (Bass -2, Mid -5 and treble -4). I think OP was trying to compensate for that (1k to 6k) permanent dip by pulling down the adjacent frequencies. You will likely get a valley/dip(not flat)between 1k to 6k if you pump up both mid and treble or even leave them as is. OP also shared a link regarding why a downward tilted response is preferable. However, at the end of the day, sound is subjective and there is no “optimal” curve or EQ that will work for everyone. :)
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Looking at that graph it seems like you turned the treble and mids the wrong way. Turning them both up would give much flatter response.
I will try that and see how it compares, thanks. I just tune it based on my hearing , I probably have poor hearing to be honest.

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
I will try that and see how it compares, thanks. I just tune it based on my hearing , I probably have poor hearing to be honest.
Exactly what wilsonyyz said. My goal was to get the volume of each individual frequency close to the one next to it. To many peaks or valleys causes missed notes or sounds, as the louder ones talk over them so to speak. The angle of the slope (also known as a house curve) is very much preference. Ruler flat to me sounds very thin so I like to ramp the lower frequency up a bit.
If you ever get bored look up audio house curves.

One thing to remember is if you change from your settings you currently have or maybe "like", is it will probably not sound good right away. I don't know how to word this, but your ears kinda keep a memory and initially it may sound like it's missing treble or mids compared to what you have currently set. Just give it a day or two for your ears to kinda adjust before you make your decision if you like it or not.

Also these were the settings that made the frequencies fairly even in "my" car. It might get other cars close but due to so many variables its hard to tell without measuring each of them, how it will actually perform.

Last edited:

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
^Thank you that was very informative , I think I will try some minor changes every few days and see if I notice any improvements.

TDI

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic EX, 14 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks for the tips Squish72. It is not intuitive to bring all setting into the negative zone, but this enabled me to make this appalling sound system bearable. I test drove a Bose and it didn't come close to my Audi B & O system. Some how when I test drove the EX, that I bought, I never turned the tunes on. I was super disappointed when it sounded worse than a 70's AM Mono radio.
I have started adding sound proofing in the trunk and it has helped a lot.
Sponsored