• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HKS v KAKIMOTO exhaust

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Hello

Have narrowed down my choice of exhaust to 2 .

1) HKS Legamax sport (twin pipe)
2) kakimoto H713145

Does anyone have any insight to either exhaust.

I'm looking for:
1) better sounding over stock
2) hardly any drone
3) purposeful good looks :)

Did look T Tomei type D but a few people told me it has a very loud drone on motorway drives.

Any Input greatly appreciated
Sponsored

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
I just installed HKS Legamax Sport on my FL5 after long debate between HKS & Apexi. In the process of breaking it in, will let u know my opinion on it. My initial impression : no regret, no drone, better sound than OEM for sure and love the twin pipe look :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I just installed HKS Legamax Sport on my FL5 after long debate between HKS & Apexi. In the process of breaking it in, will let u know my opinion on it. My initial impression : no regret, no drone, better sound than OEM for sure and love the twin pipe look :thumbsup:
Thanks alot. Would appreciate that.

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
Man I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Legamax now, what's the volume difference like? 40% louder or something like that?

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
Man I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Legamax now, what's the volume difference like? 40% louder or something like that?
Since it's pretty subjective, I would say around 30%-40% louder. Very subtle at low rpm but it has satisfying deep tone and it wakes up at higher rpm. I have HKS on my FK8 also, so I will admit that I'm a bit bias toward the HKS exhaust. I hate loud exhaust and value no drone, I love how HKS manage to strike balance.

I was on the fence between HKS Legamax and Apex i N1, but glad I pull the trigger on HKS.

I'm still breaking in the exhaust at the moment. Based on previous experience, HKS exhaust will get slightly louder after a period of time.

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Not sure tbh. I'm in UK and been told should arrive just before June. Not sure how long it takes via ship.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Oh ok that makes sense because I’m in the states and think they are in stock here.
Sponsored