• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kakimoto Racing (柿本改) Class KR Exhaust

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
I missed my Kakimoto exhaust from the S15 so I’ve decided this time for the FL5 I’ll get one.

The sound is very mild with an Apexi GT Front Pipe and the exhaust has been top notch quality as you’d expect from Kakimoto in Japan.

Another key decider was the three tips hence going this route.

Skip to 4:38 for the sound clip ⏰

Sponsored

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Looks great, quality looks top notch like you said, love the bolted flanges and the completeness of the kit right down to the plug and zip tie for the OE valve harness. Do wish it was a bit louder tho, do they offer it with one silencer versus the two you got?

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Looks great, quality looks top notch like you said, love the bolted flanges and the completeness of the kit right down to the plug and zip tie for the OE valve harness. Do wish it was a bit louder tho, do they offer it with one silencer versus the two you got?
Once you add a downpipe and or front pipe the sound will increase quite a bit so thats why I chose this exhaust.

I made the mistake of going for an exhaust first before the dp and fp on the two FK8’s I’ve had and it was either too loud or drone central 🥲

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Fair enough, I’m trying to find that balance with my FL5 as well. I daily it so drone is a no go period. Remark has been the only outfit in the game so far that’s offering a flanged exhaust but I’m not a fan of the twin tip versus triple. Filling out the rear diffuser is a must, not particularly picky about the tip sizes matching OE but it needs to look like it belongs there. At this point, I’ve got a downpipe and will do the stock valve bypass to see how it sounds. Hoping I’m satisfied but if not, I’ll be doing a full exhaust. This definitely makes the short list.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The quality of the exhaust is apparent from the video. It reminds me of pieces from the likes of TODA Racing, Fujitsubo, or JIC. If you have drive by videos (part throttle and WOT) to share that would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
The quality of the exhaust is apparent from the video. It reminds me of pieces from the likes of TODA Racing, Fujitsubo, or JIC. If you have drive by videos (part throttle and WOT) to share that would be greatly appreciated.
Will try get those with a better mic setup soon!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Will try get those with a better mic setup soon!
Awesome! And one more thing, how much does it weigh vis-à-vis stock? What is the piping diameter? Does it taper anywhere?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Looks and sounds promising, but it should be international law that exhaust videos are illegal without drive-by audio.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Japanese quality is apparent. If I wasn't already content with stock, this would definitely be a consideration.

Thanks again for sharing.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Awesome! And one more thing, how much does it weigh vis-à-vis stock? What is the piping diameter? Does it taper anywhere?
Piping diameter is 70mm (2.75”) and weight shows as 19.7 on blackhawkjapan.com info, no units on the weight but assuming thats Kg since all the other info provided is metric. That would mean it’s heavier than the stock exhaust by 4 lbs. Remark lists the stock exhaust at 39.2 lbs versus 43.4 lbs for the Kakimoto.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Piping diameter is 70mm (2.75”) and weight shows as 19.7 on blackhawkjapan.com info, no units on the weight but assuming thats Kg since all the other info provided is metric. That would mean it’s heavier than the stock exhaust by 4 lbs. Remark lists the stock exhaust at 39.2 lbs versus 43.4 lbs for the Kakimoto.
Not surprising when you see the stock one and Kakimoto side by side, it’s basically the same layout. 2 resonators, 2 mufflers and the same locations. Differences are in looks, material and piping size.

Sleepywood

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Championship White Type R
Sound and looks great man! I just wonder how it’ll sound without the apexi gt front pipe 🤔

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Greetings Tr3ble.
How are you finding the exhaust?

is it much louder than oem?

BTW love your YouTube vids!
Sponsored