• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Incremental improvements, Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushing and shifter base bushings.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
For the low cost of the kit this is a very nice improvement, exactly what I was looking for, in the factory shifter.
It has a more direct feel, less wiggle going on, and has taken some of the "rubbery" feel out of the stock shifter.
After installation sitting in the car and going through the gears I really didn't feel anything and questioned if I wasted money but once I started driving it was immediately noticeable while rowing through the gears.
I think regardless of who you buy the bushing kit from this is a very very worthwhile upgrade for tactile feedback improvement and overall driving engagement.
Sponsored

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
I just installed the cable end bushings, which I've done for every other transverse-layout manual I've owned. They're a must IMO. I'm looking forward to pairing them with the Hybrid shifter assembly. That should equate to world class shift feel, regardless of price point.

OP
OP
madsedan

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
Having owned a 2001 and a 2004 S2K many years ago this is now what I remember that shifter feeling like, but with a little longer throw. I think @Imped is right, a quality short shifter with moderate change will be perfect.

OP
OP
madsedan

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
I may add the detent springs, looks like an easy install.
Sponsored