• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata...Flashpro... +6 PSI ... my ongoing review

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
There's no doubt if you're on the highway and don't push it hard a tuned car will do as well as the stock tune. I don't drive long distances on the highway because my commute is only 9 miles. About 6 miles highway and 3 miles congested city stop and go. The stop and go kills mpg. But, if I take it easy and traffic is light, I see 44mpg on a good day in those conditions. Now if I push the car fairly hard and really get on the boost a bit I probably see less than 28mpg on the same run. My "+7.5" tune gives me 22psi max consistently on 93 octane and is a lot of fun and definitely better than the base Hondata +6.
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
There's no doubt if you're on the highway and don't push it hard a tuned car will do as well as the stock tune. I don't drive long distances on the highway because my commute is only 9 miles. About 6 miles highway and 3 miles congested city stop and go. The stop and go kills mpg. But, if I take it easy and traffic is light, I see 44mpg on a good day in those conditions. Now if I push the car fairly hard and really get on the boost a bit I probably see less than 28mpg on the same run. My "+7.5" tune gives me 22psi max consistently on 93 octane and is a lot of fun and definitely better than the base Hondata +6.
wait.... there is a +7.5 calibration available now??

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically, I upped the numbers on the TC Max Pressure by a bit above 2750rpm and upped some of the torque limits as well. Very basic (I have the CARB version) but it does run better. Of course, my car is a CVT so if you have a stick the numbers are completely different.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Basically, I upped the numbers on the TC Max Pressure by a bit above 2750rpm and upped some of the torque limits as well. Very basic but it does run better. Of course, my car is a CVT so if you have a stick the numbers are completely different.
are you still going to switch to ktuner? if so why are you switching?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For now I'm sticking with Hondata. The reason I considered switching is the fact Hondata hasn't updated the CVT tunes or added features at all. Ktuner has a lot more easy driveability adjustments.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
What kind of tweaks are you wanting? I realize the carb version is limited.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
I totally agree that if you push the car hard, that 28mpg is about right, but man it's so much fun. I am just floored b/c I am seeing any mpg's over 39 which was hwy driving and about 36 mpg in both city and hwy. I would also love to try the 7.5 tune, but worried about my factory clutch slipping. So far the clutch is handling the 6 psi, but not sure of anything else beyond that.

HarleyHellboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Is it safe to try the +9 tune on your car?
Clutch will not handle it. The clutch will slip...I have a 2018 Civic Si...running with a the 6 lb psi...and Sunoco 93 octane....if you dont put higher octane in your car forget about Hondata....It amazes me how people want performance but put cheap low octane gas in car....forget it....you will not get the performance.....and you cant be worrying about gas mileage....get real people...stop the crying and break those tires loose.....some crazy talk on here.

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Hey @gtman, do you have any 0-60 times for the +6 basemap tune? I can't seem to find a forum with people posting 0-60 times with their Hondata tune.
I noticed today Hondata posted a new FP manager update about 5 days ago. I have had the race version FP for a couple months now and have been unable to use it as my ECU was not supported for my 2018 Civic Touring. I didn't notice my ECU listed on the update, but I decided to use the checker anyway and to my surprise it said I was now supported! I immediately updated all my drivers and FP Manager software. Calibrated with the Civic Turbo CVT 2016, +6 psi, Injen CAI/SRI (For Civic models 2016+).

I used this calibration as I recently put on both, AFE Takeda Momentum pro 5R CAI and a SiriMoto Throttle Body Spacer and Gasket. Amazing throttle response, nice growl sound when you get on it and my daily work commute (all city driving) MPG went up from 30 to 34 with unenthusiastic driving (which is hard to do). Their are other +6 calibrations with CAI/SRI (AEM/Mishimoto) but I have yet to find any reviews/comparisons discussing any differences. If anyone has any input on this matter please reply!

So, I flashed and restarted the vehicle and anxiously took it out on a empty back road. I turned Econ mode off, and ran 3 consecutive times of 5.38, 5.69 and 5.69 0 - 60 mph. The first run I was slightly harder on the throttle at take off than the second and third run as it started raining, no wheel spin on any of the runs (stock tires). I felt the same normal lag after startup but as the RPM's increased so did the boost! Amazing! It's going to be hard resisting my lead foot! I do hope Hondata does something to improve the initial turbo lag on the CVT. Other than that I am very pleased with it!

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
As counterpoint....I ran the +9 map for months, spun tires more than a few times. Still averaged 35-40mpg per tank. Zero clutch slip issues with over 15k miles. Now running TSP Stage 1 with Ktuner. It is a shame but Hondata just offers a less impressive product experience presently.

Tunerview and on the fly map switching FTW

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after running my own "+7.5" tune for a while, I've gone back to Hondata's base +6. My custom tune ran great, but reading about another blown engine from too much boost kind of scared the crap out of me. For safety sake and peace of mind, I think Hondata's base +6 is good enough.
Sponsored