• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata jailbreak tour -Atlanta 4/20

Sakura_FL5

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Championship White Type R
Really want to Jailbreak ECU but concerned about warranty - does this void it? Or grey area?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Really want to Jailbreak ECU but concerned about warranty - does this void it? Or grey area?
Technically, no because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The reality is there is a bit of grey area. MMWA is often tossed out as a veil of protection, but if you truly run into an issue it's doubtful you will prevail against American Honda Motor Company. If you're concerned with preserving the warranty I suggest not modifying the car outside of cosmetic modifications. You must assume any and all risk when you modify your car.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
225 miles and 3 hours each way.
I’d probably be game if they have sorted the intake cam advance issue they had early on. It made my 2023 run poorly for the first couple of minutes on cold start.

Hopefully this is not an issue anymore that would plague my 2024 FL5.

Also torn, because I like my drivetrain warranty.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
225 miles and 3 hours each way.
I’d probably be game if they have sorted the intake cam advance issue they had early on. It made my 2023 run poorly for the first couple of minutes on cold start.

Hopefully this is not an issue anymore that would plague my 2024 FL5.

Also torn, because I like my drivetrain warranty.
I vaguely remember that. What did you experience on cold start? And did you ever get it tuned or were you running the Hondata OTS map?

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Will a tuned CTR Honda pass emissions if just electronically tuned? How about a higher stage tune with hardware such as a down pipe and intake?

I ask because of my experience with a stage 2 Mk7 VW GTI; The computer never sets (no fail codes though) and it won't pass the smog test.
So every two years I have remove the down pipe and reinstall the factory pipe and 02 sensor, and then reflash it back to factory settings. Once the car passes emissions, then I have to reinstall hardware and reflash. It's sort of a hassle.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I vaguely remember that. What did you experience on cold start? And did you ever get it tuned or were you running the Hondata OTS map?
Was present on Two Step and base map. Any map with Hondata at that time.
It would buck and run like crap in the midrange for the first couple of minutes.

It was an intake cam timing tuning issue with the software.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
Tomorrow is the day. See you guys around 10.
Sponsored