• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How are you blacking out your emblems?

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
Hi all, i recently plasti-dip my emblems but I'd rather have the OEM parts installed.

I obviously want to the back text/logo and also the front. Can we still use last 10th generation OEM blacked out emblems on 2022? I am not sure if they slightly modify the logo's to be slimmer from what I am seeing on my new 2022 civic. Let me know what you guys did or video you can recommend!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dealer1

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
I ordered my '22 Si with the black emblems. I took the tacky chrome one's off my '20 Sport and never replaced them, rear hatch looked a lot better off just bare. Was gonna swap out for the black H badging but never got around to it because I thought for all the trouble of taking off the front clip (to do it properly) and the rear hatch liner (again to not 1/2 ass it and do it properly) plus the stupid high cost of the black badges that I wouldn't bother on that car since it was just a CVT hatch anyways. I wouldn't touch a can of plasti-dip if it were me, that stuff (to me) seems junky on several levels, plus its not a permanent solution anyways. You really do get what you pay for, so I'd say if you wanna do this and do it correctly you'll be buying the black badges, and taking the time to pull the front clip off and the rear hatch liner. Should take you approx 2 hrs and cost you approx $100 if you buy the actual Honda badges and not some cheap knock off's. Hope that helps.
Ah yes I just found that collegehillshonda sells genuine parts. Quite expensive but it is OEM. I've done plastidip on my 10th gen and it looks fine but I love that shiny finish on the emblem.

I'll most likely take the emblems off and replace with the black badging from Honda. Thank you!

Tatertot2022

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
I used plasidip, I’ve used it on all my car emblems. It’s a faster and cheaper option. I havent had an issue with it causing damage and it lasts through washes ??‍♀
Sponsored