• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I got the FL5 a little friend!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's a thing of beauty, am I right? I've never run into a Del Sol with the trans top option, in the US you're more likely to spot a Del Sol with missing parts (door(s), hood, spoiler, etc.) versus upgrades. From what I understand, the trans top mechanics erode a fair amount of what's truly phenomenal trunk space:

11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! Trunk
11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! Deck
11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! Front

I dropped mine off yesterday at a shop ~70 miles from home for a long list of likely overdue services (all fluids, belts, water pump, and spark plugs), and splurged on new wheels, tires, and brakes while I was at it. There's no way I would've fit everything with the trans top assembly.

I might've gotten a little too bold with my hauling setup, but it got the job done. The shop manager's eyes said it all when I pulled in: 😲

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I like how you use the back like a flatbed. Maybe get a hitch and you can use a small tow.

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Trans top was never a thing in the US. Also Jalopnik failed to mention the Del Sol with DOHC VTEC model that was available in the US. That was such a cool car.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I like how you use the back like a flatbed. Maybe get a hitch and you can use a small tow.
I dunno, I'm feeling pretty brazen after this last haul--tempted to ditch the trunk lid altogether and have it set up to tow a 5th wheel camper.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The Del Sol is back, and with a clean bill of health!

I see coilovers in my future...

11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! Del Sol Wheels

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I got my FL5 a BIG friend last night... Been wanting another 3rd row SUV and we had a 2015 Pilot back in the day that we loved. So we got a 2025 Trailsport!

11th Gen Honda Civic I got the FL5 a little friend! 20240424_120116_resized

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I got my FL5 a BIG friend last night... Been wanting another 3rd row SUV and we had a 2015 Pilot back in the day that we loved. So we got a 2025 Trailsport!

20240424_120116_resized.jpg
If this is a competition for the most expensive new friend for the FL5, you just took the lead. 🤣

Edit: Didn't realize this was the OP's purchase--sensing some strong brand loyalty.

OP
OP
Stan23

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
If this is a competition for the most expensive new friend for the FL5, you just took the lead. 🤣

Edit: Didn't realize this was the OP's purchase--sensing some strong brand loyalty.
I'd like to think of myself as a regular car enthusiast, and Honda happens to be one of my favs!

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
FL5 owners are pretty brand loyal imo. We know the gems from Honda only come out every once in a while too .

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Real Spoon wheels? Yes just a little lower.
I’ve justified the purchase by calling them an “early 30th birthday to the Del Sol” because it was first sold on 5/2/94.

Who doesn’t want to lose some weight in their 30’s? 😂😂

And I’ve got a set of Tein’s on the way—I shopped until I found a 5 year old Reddit post that read something like, “Yeah a buddy and I installed these in a Napa parking lot in a few hours, you should be able to install these yourself.” Hook, line, sinker.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I’ve justified the purchase by calling them an “early 30th birthday to the Del Sol” because it was first sold on 5/2/94.

Who doesn’t want to lose some weight in their 30’s? 😂😂

And I’ve got a set of Tein’s on the way—I shopped until I found a 5 year old Reddit post that read something like, “Yeah a buddy and I installed these in a Napa parking lot in a few hours, you should be able to install these yourself.” Hook, line, sinker.
Nice. Very nice. Gonna be proper JDM.

I remember seeing countless body kits for the Del Sol on Superstreet ads. Albeit a lot were hideous wings and bumpers. Doesn’t matter. Fond memories of that era.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nice. Very nice. Gonna be proper JDM.

I remember seeing countless body kits for the Del Sol on Superstreet ads. Albeit a lot were hideous wings and bumpers. Doesn’t matter. Fond memories of that era.
Thanks! All the body kits still exist, and some are surprisingly cheap. I won't go too far with this one, but wanted to get a handful of the tasteful items I lusted after back when I had my Del Sol in high school. Period appropriate, OEM+ type stuff, nothing too over the top.

Nice wheels, no lambo doors... unless I find a REALLY good deal on lambo doors.

Just kidding... maybe. :rofl:

Josh2389

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R - Championship White
One of the best Honda's ever. Love all the pics, hope you guys put at least $100k under the hood like Johnny Tran
Sponsored