• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
I just got around to installing a set of Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings into my 2022 Si. The install was very easy and straight forward, took about 25 minutes. You just need to undo and remove the battery and battery tray, remove the cable and bushing retaining clips, pry out the bushings with a screwdriver, place the new bushings into the cable ends, and place the retaining clips into the bottom of the new bushings.

11th Gen Honda Civic Installed Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings. iisxBnw

11th Gen Honda Civic Installed Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings. DtkOxqK

11th Gen Honda Civic Installed Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings. es7B0AO

11th Gen Honda Civic Installed Acuity Instruments shifter cable bushings. mgJKBi

The stock Si shifter is already really good for an OEM shifter. The Acuity shifter cable bushings take up a little of the mushiness/damping that a rubber bushing will give you. It gives you a bit of a more direct feel for what the transmission is doing as you shift gears. It's definitely not a night and day difference since these bushings are so new. I could see if you had a set of really old, clapped out bushings and replaced them with these Acuity bushings it would be a huge difference. Next up I will be replacing the shifter base bushings with the Acuity bushings as soon as I figure out how to disassemble the center console.
Sponsored