• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lane Centering Does Not Work Properly After Tire and Wheel Replacement

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I replaced my front left tire and wheel after I fell short of dodging a rock. The car drives perfectly fine except it cannot track properly when I use Lane Centering. The car will just veer to the righ when that is enabled.

I was told by service at the time I do not need to do anything special outside of tge tire replacement and aligbment. Is there anything the Dealer that worked on my car was not aware of?
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
LKAS is speed sensitive and is based on the front camera’s ability to see road markers. I actually didn’t know the details of some of this stuff and it might give you some different ways to test. Per Honda :
  • The system, a part of the Honda Sensing®suite of active driver-assistive technologies, uses a windshield-mounted camera to look for lane markers, and the Electric Power Steering (EPS) to help steer the vehicle.
  • The system is able to identify Botts’ Dots and other lane markings, and works at speeds between 45 mph and 90 mph.
  • The Traffic Jam Assist feature extends the system’s benefits to speeds lower than 45 mph.
  • If LKAS determines the vehicle is deviating from the center of a detected lane with no turn-signal activation by the driver, it will attempt to steer the vehicle back into the center of the lane.
  • This can be especially useful when traveling on narrow roadways, such as carpool lanes.
  • The LKAS system is not intended to take over driving or steering of the vehicle.
  • Control of the vehicle remains the driver’s responsibility.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I know about the 90mph cap.. same for cruise control.

You might have to get the system recalibrated
Sponsored