• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Back when I had my '97 GSR, I put Accord wagon front calipers along with Porterfield R4S pads with stainless steel brake lines and really liked the firm brake pedal, initial bite, and overall braking performance. With my new Civic Si, I'm looking just to replace the front pads with a "streetable" pad. Hawk hasn't updated their catalogue with the '22 Civics yet. Can anyone recommend a pad for mostly spirited street driving? I'm not looking to do any track days with this car.
Thanks!'
Jamie
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Back when I had my '97 GSR, I put Accord wagon front calipers along with Porterfield R4S pads with stainless steel brake lines and really liked the firm brake pedal, initial bite, and overall braking performance. With my new Civic Si, I'm looking just to replace the front pads with a "streetable" pad. Hawk hasn't updated their catalogue with the '22 Civics yet. Can anyone recommend a pad for mostly spirited street driving? I'm not looking to do any track days with this car.
Thanks!'
Jamie
Iā€˜d imagine, (like MANY other confirmed ā€œsuspensionā€-related parts), that the Si brakes are probably also carried over from 10th to 11th. Once someone confirms if they do, thatā€˜ll be quicker than waiting on companies to do R&D

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
If the 22 Si calipers are the same as the 10th gen Si then you can get the Porterfield R4S pads front and rear. I have these pads with stainless steel lines and the pedal feel is very good and noticeably firmer than stock. The braking performance is also very good for street use assuming decent tires.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Thank you for checking. It almost looks like the 10th gen (top picture?) has slightly more pad material. I've also never seen a backing plate shaped like the pads in the bottom picture.

At any rate, it can't be too long before Hawk, Porterfield, etc. make pads for these cars.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I had good results with Carbotech street pads on a few Hondas, curious to see if they release anything for the Si. Not holding my breath though as they don't have any Civic pads beyond 2017, not looking good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I had good results with Carbotech street pads on a few Hondas, curious to see if they release anything for the Si. Not holding my breath though as they don't have any Civic pads beyond 2017, not looking good.
Carbotech was a popular pad to use the Honda Challenge guys ran when NASA ran this series several years ago.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbotech was a popular pad to use the Honda Challenge guys ran when NASA ran this series several years ago.
Yes I used them on several older Hondas, I ran the 1521's which were a street pad that could survive a light track day, but they also had dedicated heavier duty track pads for sure. Very clean running pad, rotor friendly with good initial bite. I liked them.

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I've been researching what size calipers the new Si is using. Honda usually use off the shelf brake parts for much of their line-up with exception to the Brembo stuff for the Acura TL, NSX, and Type R. Anyone know the size of the CRV or Accord front calipers and pads?

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Thanks for the comparison picture.

In the past two months Iā€™ve been searching for pads on and off. Recently I ran almost all the OE pads in my past two track days and it became urgent.

Good news, by some photo collage, I believe the 11 gen Si is using 18-20 2.0T Accord calipers. Going to inspect my brotherā€™s 2.0 Accord tonight and gonna buy some Autozone pads to confirm the fitment.
For those who are interested, the part numbers I ran are 45022TVCA02, 45022TVCA51. Also rotor sizes match which is very promising.

Bad news, even with the part numbers, and assume itā€™s the right pad, there are no high performance pad option available.
End of year 2022 according to one major USA manufacturer.
No specific date from another global brand.

The end my buddy helped me find a manufacturer that is willing to work with me for a set of custom brake pads, essentially OE backplate with their compound.

Attachments

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Thanks for the comparison picture.

In the past two months Iā€™ve been searching for pads on and off. Recently I ran almost all the OE pads in my past two track days and it became urgent.

Good news, by some photo collage, I believe the 11 gen Si is using 18-20 2.0T Accord calipers. Going to inspect my brotherā€™s 2.0 Accord tonight and gonna buy some Autozone pads to confirm the fitment.
For those who are interested, the part numbers I ran are 45022TVCA02, 45022TVCA51. Also rotor sizes match which is very promising.

Bad news, even with the part numbers, and assume itā€™s the right pad, there are no high performance pad option available.
End of year 2022 according to one major USA manufacturer.
No specific date from another global brand.

The end my buddy helped me find a manufacturer that is willing to work with me for a set of custom brake pads, essentially OE backplate with their compound.
Thanks for investigating this and your willingness to share. Is this your youtube video of a recent track day?

In the 27WON Civic Si track build, there's a good discussion and comparison of the 10th and 11th gen pads. Would you be willing to share the info on the company who is willing to make custom pads for you? What kind of compound? Just curious and thanks again for you looking into this.

11GenSonicSi

First Name
Delin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Hello OGGsr,
Yes that is my video.
Just took a look at my brotherā€™s 2.0T Accord and confirmed the front and rear are the same exact calipers as 11th gen Si. Iā€™m servicing my car and his car this weekend. So there will be clear pics. Maybe measurements if Seattle doesnā€™t rain. :)

And sure thing, Iā€™m open to share the company. It is Carbotech. They can do custom pad applications and they are pretty good to work with.

Do you mind post a link about 27WON Si build? Thanks!

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Hello OGGsr,
Yes that is my video.
Just took a look at my brotherā€™s 2.0T Accord and confirmed the front and rear are the same exact calipers as 11th gen Si. Iā€™m servicing my car and his car this weekend. So there will be clear pics. Maybe measurements if Seattle doesnā€™t rain. :)

And sure thing, Iā€™m open to share the company. It is Carbotech. They can do custom pad applications and they are pretty good to work with.

Do you mind post a link about 27WON Si build? Thanks!
Cool! I enjoyed your video of your track day. Looks like your car performed well with exception of the brakes. The 27won time attack build thread is here: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/27won-civic-si-time-attack-build.50428/page-3#post-820345

When you hear from Carbotech, please share the details. I'd be very much interested in a street/mild track day pad. I'm surprised no one offers an off the shelf performance pad for the 2.0 Accords, particularly with the 6spd version being offered for a couple years.
-Jamie

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always had good luck with Carbotech pads, look forward to seeing if they come up with something.
Sponsored