• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

looking to buy/fix 2022 civic sport 2.0 L with front end collision damage

newhondaowner76

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic, 2022 Civic
hello-

looking at a 2022 civic 2.0 not turbo- manual hatchback sport with front end collision damage.

damage is to extreme right as you face from front - drivers side - seemed to go high - crumpling hood and encroaching on under hood space - in line with drivers side head light. however damage appears to have missed frame, radiator, and engine bay. however fuse box is knocked upwards/rearwards, air intake box disrupted - front corner at and above headlight damaged - damage to front drivers side fender, wheel well, welded fender backing piece. damage appears to have gone up and over wheel well so I don't think suspension/transmission affected.

any hints as to if this is something that can be fixed with conventional part replacement, some body work, hood/fender/bumper replacement - and reconnecting/resetting fuse/relay box and air box without real serious effects on engine, sensors or frame? Seems like no honda sense sensors/cameras are affected.

I'm an engineer and my young adult son and I are handy but not automotive mechanics by any means.

damage and representative non-damaged photos attached

THanks for any thoughts/cautions.

11th Gen Honda Civic looking to buy/fix 2022 civic sport 2.0 L with front end collision damage civic 2.0 engine bay

11th Gen Honda Civic looking to buy/fix 2022 civic sport 2.0 L with front end collision damage damaged engine bay
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I'd be worried about what's underneath the airbox and if the ECU was damaged. The transmission and lower subframe sits directly underneath the airbox and it also appears the fuse box(s) are damaged. You have to figure in if it's worth it to you to replace broken/bent parts and still be dealing with alignment or hidden damage down the road.

OP
OP

newhondaowner76

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic, 2022 Civic
I'd be worried about what's underneath the airbox and if the ECU was damaged. The transmission and lower subframe sits directly underneath the airbox and it also appears the fuse box(s) are damaged. You have to figure in if it's worth it to you to replace broken/bent parts and still be dealing with alignment or hidden damage down the road.
Thanks Oggsr!

Will try to investigate beneath the apparent damage to assess this.

ECU - under the seat/in the cabin, yes? But with fuse box getting hit potential for some sort of short/surge back to it?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Any frame damage is a no go. Stay away unless you know someone who can straighten it.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I'm pretty sure the circled area is where the ECU is located. The Civics of the past with the ECU in the kick panel is gone. It looks in the photo like it's been pushed back and in. I would thoroughly look to make sure the electrical bits are all functioning and if there are not price what it would cost to replace. There aren't too many of these in wrecking yards yet to find inexpensive used parts. As mentioned above, if the frame rail requires straightening, that might be a deal breaker. There is a reason this car was totaled. Did the airbags deploy?
11th Gen Honda Civic looking to buy/fix 2022 civic sport 2.0 L with front end collision damage damaged engine bay
Sponsored