• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Metal whisping/clicking/raspy sound with acceleration

drummerchef01

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Sport Sedan
-I purchased a brand new 24 civic sport back in October. Ever since I’ve had the vehicle about 30% of the time when I accelerate there is a “whispy”, rotational, clicking sound that happens directly infront of the drivers side under the hood.

The car performs just fine. Just the sound doesn’t sit with me right. However, I had the EXACT sound, happen at the exact time and the same way, on my previous vehicle (2016 Hyundai sonata). I was wondering if it’s a normal “sound effect” of CVT transmissions)?

Directly symptomatic as I press down on the accelerator. I’ll coast with no clinking sound, then press on the accelerator and the clicking will resume, and then go away when I let off the accelerator. It doesn’t do it 100% of the time but quite often.

I’ve ignored the sound till now since I had the exact same thing happen in my previous vehicle, but thought I’d check in to see if anyone else has had this happen to them! Thanks!
Sponsored