• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Intermittent clicking/ticking sound from the the are of driver side window (top left corner) or the panels next to it

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Hi everyone. I am experiencing an intermittent clicking/ticking sound from the area of driver side window (top left corner) or the panels next to it (see the read circle area on the picture and the video has the noise demonstrated). It’s present from day 1 when I purchased the car. Went to the dealership twice and they aren’t able to solve the issue. (They did put grease on all weather strips that had contacts with the driver side window, adjusted the position of the door to make it fit tighter when closed and also put tapes inside of the plastic trim on the top left of the driver side door. None of it helps eliminate the noise)

This noise is weather sensitive. During the days when the sun is out, the noise is more frequent no matter the car is at stop (the engine has to be turned on) or at speed (happen more frequently at lower speed). At night when it’s cold, I don’t really hear the noise. Maybe once in a while, but it’s very rare.

At this point, I wanted to tear apart the interior pieces myself to see what’s going on. But before I do that, just wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for taking the time reading this post.

11th Gen Honda Civic Intermittent clicking/ticking sound from the the are of driver side window (top left corner) or the panels next to it 169DD6FE-3497-43C3-ACED-77B437438838
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I’ve noticed a similar sound and it became worse after my windows were tinted. Are your windows tinted?

I’ve speculated that it’s due to the increased thickness causing flexing on the seals. It comes and goes and like you said it’s worse on warm sunny days.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Try using your hands and move them around putting pressure on panels, the glass, plastics etc and see if you can isolate the sound. I know my window creaks and clicks like that when down and driving super annoying but the car is super stiff so more rattles.

OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I’ve noticed a similar sound and it became worse after my windows were tinted. Are your windows tinted?

I’ve speculated that it’s due to the increased thickness causing flexing on the seals. It comes and goes and like you said it’s worse on warm sunny days.
My window is not tinted yet but I was planning to do so since I just got the car like a little more than a month ago.

Did you try to fix this issue or it didn't bother you much so you just ignored it?

OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Try using your hands and move them around putting pressure on panels, the glass, plastics etc and see if you can isolate the sound. I know my window creaks and clicks like that when down and driving super annoying but the car is super stiff so more rattles.
I tried to put pressure the interior panels in the pictures as well as the window when I heard the noise but since the noise is intermittent, I can't really determine if the parts I was giving pressure to were the source of the noise.

This noise is present when the window is up BTW. I tried to roll the window down a little to see if the noise goes away but the wind noise is too loud and it's hard to determine.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Hit it when you drive to pinpoint the location. Rip off the panel and parts until the noise is gone. Replace parts with insulation around tabs such as electric tape. That's what I would do, but I would be too scared to rip a new car apart and just live with it😅

OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Hit it when you drive to pinpoint the location. Rip off the panel and parts until the noise is gone. Replace parts with insulation around tabs such as electric tape. That's what I would do, but I would be too scared to rip a new car apart and just live with it😅
This noise really bothers me since it’s right next to my left ear so I really want to eliminate it even by taking the interior panel apart myself. But wanted to know if anyone here had the same issue so I could know where I should focus on.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Gl. I don't have a ctr but from all the previous Hondas I had, it was always the clips going into the plastic inserts.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. I’ve read this post already but it didn’t address my issue unfortunately.
This video helped me with the rattle by the seat belt. You can also take it to the dealer and they'll try to troubleshoot it, normally they'll go in with felt tape to make sure everything is tight but, if you tell them it seems like the seat belt mechanism may be loose they might actually fix it since its a safety issue at that point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
This video helped me with the rattle by the seat belt. You can also take it to the dealer and they'll try to troubleshoot it, normally they'll go in with felt tape to make sure everything is tight but, if you tell them it seems like the seat belt mechanism may be loose they might actually fix it since its a safety issue at that point.

Thanks for posting this video. The rattle from seatbelt section is actually different from the ticking/clicking noise I am experiencing. I can definitely hear rattles coming from the seatbelt section at times but that's subtle for me so it didn't really bother me. But I am sure the seatbelt rattle is not noise I was referring to.

Also, I really lost my faith to dealership at this time. At the last time I visited, I can replicate the noise but the tech seemed to try to avoid doing more research to fix the issue by saying he couldn't hear it. Probably never gonna take my car to the dealer unless there is a major recall.

Last edited:

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
I avoid dealer at all cost unless major warranty issues. Sometimes it’s just not worth it and creates more headaches.

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I have the exact same 'tick' sound that is coming from the driver side b pillar as you noted - it comes and goes and like you mentioned, is more apparent when it is warmer out.

OP
OP
K20C1CTR

K20C1CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I have the exact same 'tick' sound that is coming from the driver side b pillar as you noted - it comes and goes and like you mentioned, is more apparent when it is warmer out.
Let me know if you find a solution. I've tried searching everywhere but didn't find any solution that works.
Sponsored