• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing Factory tools in Type R?

DailyDrive_R

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R, S3 Elise, NA MX-5
Dear Community,
First of all, hello! This is my first post and I am really looking forward to participate. I live in Germany and have a blue Type R which will serve as our reasonable family car for the years to come.

When I took delivery I realized that there were some holes in the factory toolkit. I was wondering if something went missing or if this is correct. Attached you will see which tools I do have. It would be great if somebody who also has a European spec CTR could comment on this.

Warm regards
J

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing Factory tools in Type R? 20231111_154215

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing Factory tools in Type R? 20231111_154401
Sponsored

OP
OP

DailyDrive_R

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, by the way, can it be that the CTR has no front towing point? That is quite unusual for a track focused car....

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Welcome aboard. I did a search on the front tow point, hopefully this is still accurate: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/towing.2977/

In regards to the missing tools, I will check mine to see if it's the same way. In the meantime, maybe we will get additional feedback here on that for you momentarily.

OP
OP

DailyDrive_R

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Sadly I think that tool kit might be complete - have been looking through the user manual.

There is a rear tow hook point behind a plastic panel, see this thread:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/installing-front-tow-hook-on-fl5.51782/post-857148

It would have been funny if they gave a removable tow hook but nowhere to install it! The front tow points are bad news.

*edit* whoops was getting different threads confused: the hooks under front of FL5 apparently look different, and yeah more for tie-down than pulling the car around:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/installing-front-tow-hook-on-fl5.51782/post-857129

Last edited:

OP
OP

DailyDrive_R

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you everybody for the quick help. Have a great week!