• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing hardware in strut tower after lowering springs install

FoxtrotLima5

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Had H&R lowering Springs installed by a local performance shop last week , today I noticed missing hardware from both strut towers, can yall advise if it normal or indeed a problem ?
Thank !

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing hardware in strut tower after lowering springs install IMG_0130

11th Gen Honda Civic Missing hardware in strut tower after lowering springs install IMG_0129
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Had H&R lowering Springs installed by a local performance shop last week , today I noticed missing hardware from both strut towers, can yall advise if it normal or indeed a problem ?
Thank !

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg
So its not a problem if you go get it aligned and they shift the struts to help with camber. But by taking out those pins if they just tightened them randomly they will be out of position slightly. So alignment and adjustment should be a priority.

OP
OP
FoxtrotLima5

FoxtrotLima5

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Thanks Bud. Alignment seems spot on, he did recommend checking the alignment again once the lowering springs settles

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Thanks Bud. Alignment seems spot on, he did recommend checking the alignment again once the lowering springs settles
Don’t just go by feel, let the springs settle and go make sure everything is in spec. It will give you peace of mind.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
You can cover it up with the OEM hole seal (or any heavy duty sticker) to minimize the eyesore, wipe down with rubbing alcohol and apply. Don't think the FL5 has a triangular bracket that gets in the way like it does on the FK8 strut tower, so should have easy access.

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
is it just me, or does that look like they wanted to go positive in camber? Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong
Sponsored