• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Motor Trend's render of the 11th gen Civic sedan

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
2.0L none turbo. lol
That has to be the weakest jab. I’m going based on “appearance”. And this looks like an accord not a civic. I’m not concerned on what’s under the hood. I have my bike if I want to go balls too the wall w/ pure adrenaline. ?
Sponsored

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
If the bean counters are up to their nonsense and have a case against the 2.0L.... Another solution is to have the 2.0L built in Canada (I believe there also an engine plant in Alliston). If 2.0L isn't popular in the US, it makes sense to keep that engine going for the Canadian market who prefer the 2.0L over the 1.5t. Added bonus is some stability if NAFTA goes to shit.

I bet a small engine plant in Ontario that's dedicated to the 2.0L (especially if it can keep the 2.0L 6MT variant alive) would be a good way to keep Hondas roots alive. If Honda decides to put all their eggs into the Turbo basket, then good luck, cause they're going to lose one of their supporting piece that no other company can recreate. However, small turbos are a dime a dozen.
Which canadian prefer the old 2.0l over the 1.5t??? I don’t

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Which canadian prefer the old 2.0l over the 1.5t??? I don’t
Here in Toronto, tons of GenX Civics. For Sedans, it's about 1/4 ratio. For every Turbo, there's about four 2.0L Sedan.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
I already commented but after looking at this again (i know this is just an MT render), it looks kind of bragain basement in terms of styling. 10th gen front end and a previous gen Nissan Sentra rear end. And speaking of sentras, the new Sentra that came out looks better than this imo. I really hope Honda does something more than this in terms of styling like they did with 10th gen, if this render were true it would just scream lack of effort to me. Current gen styling looks much better and sportier to me.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
How can a design have so many angles and yet look so round and unaggressive lol. Say what you will about the 10th gen fake vents but given the bulky front end it looks way better with the vents than a rounded bumper imo especially with the addition of round fog lights. I hope they don't go in the direction that the mk8 VW golfs did, they look so bloated and corolla-like and overall generic

Bigearmorfin

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Honda Del Sol Si
Something tells me honda might repeat history with the transition of the 10th gen to the 11th gen as what they did with the transition from the 8th gen to the 9th gen. The market tanked and honda resorted to many cost saving decisions that made the newer gen more cheap and nerfed the 9th gens handling when compared to the previous version. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Honda adapts the insight’s body to the 11th gen (since this will save honda huge amounts in redesigning costs) and also implements other cost saving measures that will lower the quality and refinement of the newer generation.

CanadiaegeanBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
No side markers? Pity, it was such a great cheap mod....
But I bet there will be more visible sheet metal shape difference for the 11th gen.

They keep promoting the fake news about Brexit having anything to do with Swindon, even though their own article, linked right there! confirms that it's not so. Amazing. :doh:
No side markers good catch. But this means this rendering can be thrown out a fan fiction. US DOT regulates how mush side reflector is showing and with these renderings and the tenthgen cars, the headlight dosent wrap around enough to show it.

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Something tells me honda might repeat history with the transition of the 10th gen to the 11th gen as what they did with the transition from the 8th gen to the 9th gen. The market tanked and honda resorted to many cost saving decisions that made the newer gen more cheap and nerfed the 9th gens handling when compared to the previous version. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Honda adapts the insight’s body to the 11th gen (since this will save honda huge amounts in redesigning costs) and also implements other cost saving measures that will lower the quality and refinement of the newer generation.
honda has always done this. The 6th gen translated to the 7th with a ton of carry over and small tweeks. Every other gen since 96 has been a big change. I expect no different with the 11th gen with the 12th being a new design.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
From a designer standpoint, I'm thinking their rendering is a bit on the conservative side. That said, Honda will most likely follow it's usual path and the 11th gen will essentially be a reskinned version of the 10th gens. Mechanically identical (or very close, with only minor tweaks), expect the largest changes to come in the interior of the car, more tech, upgraded infotainment, etc. I do think Honda will look at the accord and insight for some style inspiration, and in a few regards, not a bad thing. I'd personally like to see a slightly more aggressive grill design (i.e. taller/bigger like the accord/insight). But fully expect the basic silhouette of the car to be the same. I don't expect honda will ever make the 2012 9th gen mistake again.

We could also go the route of the new (not for U.S.) Fit/Jazz which took on an overall much more streamlined front end with a body color grill garnish, much smaller fake vents, and overall smoother appearance (possible drawing some inspiration from Mazda's recent design success with sleek minimalism).

I foresee Honda trying to do away with some of the fake plastic vents (or at the least making them smaller) due to overall customer backlash about it. I don't fully expect them to return to the chrome grill, as they stated at the beginning of the 10th gen life cycle that the civic would be taking on a more sporty position in the lineup while the insight filled the ultra conservative role, lets hope they keep on that path. With that in mind, I wouldn't at all mind an option for the black chrome they use on the accord sport models. That's a good balance of sporty and flashy in my eye.

Interior wise it's a toss up. We could see them keep true to the basic shape that the accord/insight use. OR they could take it in a more modern route (see new fit interior or the Urban EV interior for some inspiration). Personally i'd like to see a more modern take, with much more interesting seating material choices at least.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The 10th gen Civic has been a big seller for Honda even though many have complained about the overstyled look and mediocre infotainment. I suspect Motor Trend has it sort of right in that I feel like Honda will tone down some things, like the huge taillights and overdone vents. We'll get better and bigger infotainment. Mechanically, just a few tweaks here and there.

And I still think it will be a 2022 model.
Sponsored