• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New '22 EX-L Hatch Owner w/a couple Tuning Questions

22ExlHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX-L Hatchback
Hi everyone, proud owner of a new 22 EX-L Hatch in meteorite gray here. I love this car and it was well worth the price and wait ($29.3K OTD, ~6 Weeks from order to delivery). I've had the car for a couple months now and it's a joy to drive, you can tell it's hiding more power in there. My only minor gripe is the stereo on the ex-l is a little weak compared to the Bose systems (my previous 3 cars had Bose).

I ordered the PRL stage 1 intake last night, and plan on getting a KTuner/phearable 1.5 and maybe the PRL HVI if it becomes available. I'm looking to liven the car up a bit, but not driving like an a-hole. No launches or long sessions of spirited driving. Just want quicker merges onto highways and a little more power and response on tap while maintaining drive-ability/reliability.

1) I'd be interested in adding a catted downpipe and upgraded intercooler in the future (all other pipes stock though). Again, not looking for huge gains, but a little better breathing/sounds and cooler temps to combat the high summer temps here in VA. Do those upgrades make sense? Is it too much for the CVT even if driven mostly conservatively? I'm not interested in loud, but I like the deep exhaust note a nice DP can add.

2) 91 vs 93 for the phearable 1.5 tune... Would it be "safer" to get the 91 spec for the tune? Meaning, if the quality of gas isn't always known, would the 91 be a safer bet? Would I be missing out on a lot if I don't get the 93 tune? I'd hate to lose out on a better experience because of my own admitted ignorance in this area.

Any help is much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited: