• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Civic Questions

Nikado7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jetta S
Let me start by saying I currently own a 2022 Jetta S. It has all the power I could ever need, drives good etc etc. However....the interiors on the civics is just downright amazing.

Sooo I been looking at civics but the reason I steered away a year ago was the CVT. I do a lot of driving in the colorado mountains and I didn't see a CVT holding up too well with that so I opted for the jetta's 10 speed auto. Doing a little more research I think my CVT bias might be a little off. I can see there is a M-CVT and LL-CVT, what is the difference? Is one worse than the other or what?

I can also pull off 45mpg with ease in the jetta, usually pulling off over 50mpg. If I got a civic it would be the 1.5T but do they get the same mileage or do they barely manage 40mpg?
Sponsored

Dan_E26

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si (Sonic Grey Pearl)
The Jetta has never had a 10spd auto. Yours likely has an 8spd.

There's always the manual options if you don't want a CVT. I can't say I blame you; while Honda does CVTs pretty well,they still don't hold a candle to a geared automatic or a dual clutch.

The 1.5T should get comparable mileage. My Civic SI gets about 42MPG. If fuel economy is a big concern, another approach is to wait a bit and get the Civic Hybrid which should be out next year or so. Don't let Honda's "eCVT" designation fool you. There are no CVT belts in the 2-motor hybrid system, it feels kinda like driving an EV.