• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New FL5 owner questions

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
1. Took me a min to look for homelink, shocking to see it’s not included when a 2018 Honda has it. What’s the go to solution so far? Any Honda rear view mirror that looks just like stock but come with homelink?

2. I like the OEM CF wings wondering if anyone uses locking screws such as https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/tsp-fl5-spoiler-security-locking-screw-kit
Is there a black out version out there to match the OEM look?

3. The R+ exhaust note is so quiet, any JDM aftermarket recommendations? I had Fujitsubo and loved it but it sounds so quiet on the FL5
Sponsored

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Black wing lock screws are in production. We hope to have them ready within the next month or so.

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I bought some M6 security screws in black and paired them with a black washer to accomplish basically the same thing at a fraction of the cost (~ $10 USD)... no offense to Two Step, but $50 for screws is ridiculous.
Can you post exactly what you purchased, from where, and counts?

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Can you post exactly what you purchased, from where, and counts?
Sure, easiest thing to do is buy one of these anti-theft license plate packs on Amazon. I only used one security and left 2 of the OEM screws per side. You'll want to pair the new screw with an appropriate sized washer so it's similar width as the OEM screw, I had some lying around so no link to provide, but should be easy to find at any hardware store.

I'll note you can find these M6x20mm security screws at a number of the fastener companies but they usually need to be purchased in bulk (packs of 25).
Sponsored