• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New FL5 - Houston Shops

CG13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
Two weeks ago I purchased a 2024 FL5. I’ve the following parts and am looking for recommendations on Houston area shops.

- Remark titanium exhaust
- Two Step catted downpipe
- HEL oil cooler kit
- PRL track radiator
- PRL rear engine mount
- Turbo heat blanket
- Downpipe heat blanket
- Hondata (ECU jailbroken)

I am not looking for maximum power but do want to be able to do 20 min track sessions. I’ll change oil and brake fluid and am considering a P3 oil temp gauge.

Has anyone installed an oil temp gauge on an FL5?

Does anyone have a recommendation for Houston area shop? I’ve used E1 and Gas Head Motorworks for my Lotus.

Do I need a custom tune with the list of mods I provided?
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Two weeks ago I purchased a 2024 FL5. I’ve the following parts and am looking for recommendations on Houston area shops.

- Remark titanium exhaust
- Two Step catted downpipe
- HEL oil cooler kit
- PRL track radiator
- PRL rear engine mount
- Turbo heat blanket
- Downpipe heat blanket
- Hondata (ECU jailbroken)

I am not looking for maximum power but do want to be able to do 20 min track sessions. I’ll change oil and brake fluid and am considering a P3 oil temp gauge.

Has anyone installed an oil temp gauge on an FL5?

Does anyone have a recommendation for Houston area shop? I’ve used E1 and Gas Head Motorworks for my Lotus.

Do I need a custom tune with the list of mods I provided?
Hi welcome! So your list looks pretty good!

One question though you mentioned PRL track radiator, I don’t believe they make one. They do make a intercooler though maybe you meant that?

As far as shops in the Houston area I do not know.

The P3 gauge is a good option but you would need a external sensor to connect to the P3 gauge since anything read directly from the OBD2 will be calculated and not real.

I would recommend that you do get a tune for track duty. The Stock Hondata map is not my favorite for that kind of work. If you do need a tune send me a PM and I will take care of you.

Enjoy your car!
-Jester

OP
OP

CG13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
You’re right about the radiator. I meant PWR.

To use the P3 for oil temp I thought I’d tap into one of the HEL’s ports. I assume that’s possible but I’ve never done any aftermarket gauges in any previous cars.

Thanks for the advice on the tune. For now it looks like I’ll go with CP Motorsports who is an authorized Hondata dealer and has experience with Civics, though they said no FL5s.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
You’re right about the radiator. I meant PWR.

To use the P3 for oil temp I thought I’d tap into one of the HEL’s ports. I assume that’s possible but I’ve never done any aftermarket gauges in any previous cars.

Thanks for the advice on the tune. For now it looks like I’ll go with CP Motorsports who is an authorized Hondata dealer and has experience with Civics, though they said no FL5s.
I tune the FL5’s for the track specifically. Also the P3 gauge you can hook up the sensor to the oil cooler sandwich plate.

nix6speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 ITS
This is the second thread I've seen asking about Houston shops with no recommendations which is a shame as I'm in Houston too. I'm not on FB but you may have better luck there.