• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Honda. Looking for Help

Ewheels

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST, 18 Mustang GT, 01 Avalon
Hi everyone,

Name’s Eric and I’m new to the Honda community.
Some background on me: long time car fan. Was originally a Subaru diehard but all the engine problems pushed me away. Ended up getting a 2018 Mustang GT which is now my dedicated track car. I compete in NASA TT3 and OnGrid time attack.

Anyhow, I currently have a 2001 Avalon as my commuter car and am playing with the idea of replacing it with something new. I want good mpg, inexpensive, reliable, and relatively light weight and nimble to have fun with going to and from work. I saw the new 2022 Civic and thought this might be the perfect fit. I wouldn’t go crazy with mods but I’m thinking wheels/tires, sway bars, and pads/rotors. Horsepower for a commuter is irrelevant to me but I want it to turn and brake like it’s ready for the track.
The Si is the obvious choice with great aftermarket support but I also want a car that my wife or in-laws could drive if need be which means no manual. My question, which I’m hoping some of you could answer, is would many of the performance parts available for the Si also fit a Touring model? Wheels/tires will work as long as they physically fit but I’m unsure about sway bars and brake parts.

Thanks in advance!

Picture of my Mustang for those who are curious…

11th Gen Honda Civic New to Honda. Looking for Help 1642525879714
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ewheels

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST, 18 Mustang GT, 01 Avalon

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Nice read. Appreciate the insight.
Total noob here with Civics but which exact model is yours? "ST Hatch 6MT" means Sport or Touring? And I thought only the Si came in manual? At least that's how Honda's configurator is setup
Sport Touring Hatch, its the only way to get a manual with the 1.5 turbo thats not an Si. You can't get a sedan in any trim but Si in manual. Its really complicated this year with trims and options for no reason.
Sponsored