• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noise when on brakes and turning steering wheel

Karim43

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type r
Hey what’s up everyone, i just picked up a 2023 civic type r. I noticed that when I’m at a stop and I’m on the brakes if I turn the wheel there is a creaking noise. If I am parallel parking and need to lock the wheel while holding the brake that’s when I hear the noise. If I’m not on the brake I hearing no noise at all. Is this normal or is this something I should be worried about. Thank you very much in advance to anyone that can help me out with this!
Sponsored

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R, 2002 S2000
I do not have that kind of noise with my car. Not that I have noticed at least. This car seems to have different vibrations and noises though and some people are more sensitive to those sounds than others. I have a 2k rpm steering wheel vibration that some notice on their cars and other don’t. Think it’s just a characteristic of this car

OP
OP

Karim43

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type r
Hey thanks for answering, I’ll try to post a video later of what it sounds like. Just trying to figure out if I should take it back to the dealership or if it’s normal.
Sponsored