• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Totally agree with AspecR. You don't want to spend big bucks on a car which doesn't have the color you wanted. Grey looks better in person as far as I have read on the forum so far, so take a look at it in person and decide for yourself.
Sponsored

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread 670F519B-397F-4104-918C-217E4A5D3276

Freshly washed 😍 SGP looks almost baby blue in the sun and definitely not a “true” flat grey when compared to other cars out there. It also hides road grime pretty well. And not a very loud color neither, I thought BB was striking in person but such a cop magnet imo. Ofc CW is a timeless classic (that was my next choice) and it seems to be the most produced color along with BB …Honestly tho I love ‘em all and wish there was a button to change colors when I wanted lol.

I’m in negotiations for a Sonic Grey FL5. I’ve always wanted a Championship White Type R but this is the only one within reach.

I feel so conflicted as I never really felt fond of the color Sonic Grey.

I’ve gone through this thread and some of the pictures are helping.

Any other things I can look at to convince myself that I like it?

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
670F519B-397F-4104-918C-217E4A5D3276.jpeg

Freshly washed 😍 SGP looks almost baby blue in the sun and definitely not a “true” flat grey when compared to other cars out there. It also hides road grime pretty well. And not a very loud color neither, I thought BB was striking in person but such a cop magnet imo. Ofc CW is a timeless classic (that was my next choice) and it seems to be the most produced color along with BB …Honestly tho I love ‘em all and wish there was a button to change colors when I wanted lol.
My SGP should be here this week and it was my #1 color choice. White and BB have too many units, not a huge fan of black or red.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
My SGP should be here this week and it was my #1 color choice. White and BB have too many units, not a huge fan of black or red.
Congtrats! 🎉 You’re gonna love it!! Yeah my #1 as well. I passed up a BB an hour away and instead drove 6hrs to pick mine up. I really wanted to keep the SGP (traded a ‘22Si same color) 😃

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
That's great news! I'm still in Maine, so let's plan a meet with our cars as we previously discussed. On that note, New England guys with FL5s/FL5 aficionados, how about a small meet now that the snow is gone for good? (Don't mean to hijack this thread so if anyone is interested DM me and we can start a new thread if the interest is high enough?)

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Congtrats! 🎉 You’re gonna love it!! Yeah my #1 as well. I passed up a BB an hour away and instead drove 6hrs to pick mine up. I really wanted to keep the SGP (traded a ‘22Si same color) 😃
Nice! I have an 03 Aegean Blue SI that I'll be trading in.

Where did you find your car and do you mind me asking what your ADM was? I know you've been pretty active on the forums and the tracking site, hopefully that paid off!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
That's great news! I'm still in Maine, so let's plan a meet with our cars as we previously discussed. On that note, New England guys with FL5s/FL5 aficionados, how about a small meet now that the snow is gone for good? (Don't mean to hijack this thread so if anyone is interested DM me and we can start a new thread if the interest is high enough?)
Sounds good to me! Looks like there were a handful of guys from MA that got first and second wave cars, I've still yet to see one on the road.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Nice! I have an 03 Aegean Blue SI that I'll be trading in.

Where did you find your car and do you mind me asking what your ADM was? I know you've been pretty active on the forums and the tracking site, hopefully that paid off!
Nice upgrade! We drove to Vicksburg MS, Cannon Honda. It’s going on 1 month now. They initially wanted $15k, then a week later followed up with $7500 but I talked them down to 6.25k even tho my max was 5k but we’re splitting hairs at this point.

The trade made it all worth it, initially offered 26k but we laughed and said no we’ll drive both cars back (Carvana quoted us 29k) They countered with 29.5k, so with tax credit it was 31.5k for the Si! It was practically brand new, no dings, only 8100 miles.

* Oh and before you leave the lot, make sure they remove the suspension blocks!!

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Nice upgrade! We drove to Vicksburg MS, Cannon Honda. It’s going on 1 month now. They initially wanted $15k, then a week later followed up with $7500 but I talked them down to 6.25k even tho my max was 5k but we’re splitting hairs at this point.

The trade made it all worth it, initially offered 26k but we laughed and said no we’ll drive both cars back (Carvana quoted us 29k) They countered with 29.5k, so with tax credit it was 31.5k for the Si! It was practically brand new, no dings, only 8100 miles.

* Oh and before you leave the lot, make sure they remove the suspension blocks!!
Nice deal! The SGP I’m negotiating right now was initially at $15k ADM. Quickly got it down to $9k once they figured I was serious.
I have a 10 year old Civic I’m trading in and they’re offering me $13,500 for it. I would never get this much money out of a 10 year old civic with >100k miles.
I’m trying to bring the ADM down even further, to around $7k.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R

An informed consumer.. Good stuff!

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I’m in negotiations for a Sonic Grey FL5. I’ve always wanted a Championship White Type R but this is the only one within reach.

I feel so conflicted as I never really felt fond of the color Sonic Grey.

I’ve gone through this thread and some of the pictures are helping.

Any other things I can look at to convince myself that I like it?
Have you seen one in person? It looks great in person, much better than pictures in my opinion (although this is just true about the FL5 in general). I thought it might look like "primer grey" (which I hate), but was pleasantly surprised by how great it looked when I first saw one in person.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360

That's not bad at all! We haven't discussed my trade but I know they just sold a used 22 with more miles for 34k last week so I'm going to be pretty firm at 31k on my trade, especially with paying an ADM for the Type R.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
@hhkb 🤞I hope they can go down to 7k. Trade is still a great deal, esp with the mileage!

@ELIAS64 😊 Thanks! Just want to be an open book about this touchy subject. ADMs suck but it’s the market we live in today smh.

@CivicR38 You have an 03 or 23 blue Si? If ‘23 then heck yeah stay firm on that 31k! They’ll say “but it’s msrp tho” I’m like wth is buying a new Si at msrp? Ofc they’re marking it up, even on Carvana. At 31k they’re still making a profit and the buyer gets a fantastic deal plus tax credit. Win win for everyone. Idk know for how much but our Si was sold to another dealership the next day! 🔥

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
@hhkb 🤞I hope they can go down to 7k. Trade is still a great deal, esp with the mileage!

@ELIAS64 😊 Thanks! Just want to be an open book about this touchy subject. ADMs suck but it’s the market we live in today smh.

@CivicR38 You have an 03 or 23 blue Si? If ‘23 then heck yeah stay firm on that 31k! They’ll say “but it’s msrp tho” I’m like wth is buying a new Si at msrp? Ofc they’re marking it up, even on Carvana. At 31k they’re still making a profit and the buyer gets a fantastic deal plus tax credit. Win win for everyone. Idk know for how much but our Si was sold to another dealership the next day! 🔥
Yeah! They could throw it on their lot certified pre-owned for 34k and have it sold in a day or two no doubt about it. Allows them to make a few thousand on the trade and a few thousand on the ADM!

I'll post pics of the beauty once I take possession!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
670F519B-397F-4104-918C-217E4A5D3276.jpeg

This color and how it shimmers in sunlight remind me of a grayer shade version of the Suzuka Blue/Nurburgring Blue metallic S2000 paint.
Sponsored