• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

One Week of Ownership

BestCarEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX HS, 2015 Jetta Trendline+
Very cool review. I also came from a genx and I agree with your post. Very nice car in an era when SUVs, electric vehicles and AWD are the only topic of conversation. Thanks!

KVR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch EX-L
My initial dislike is the black piano trim around the vents. I cleaned the trim this morning and did a lot of errands Through out the day. By the time I got home the glossy black trim was already showing an extreme amount of dust.

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
My initial dislike is the black piano trim around the vents. I cleaned the trim this morning and did a lot of errands Through out the day. By the time I got home the glossy black trim was already showing an extreme amount of dust.
Ya, I could do with less of it but even still, it is not too bad nor triggering my need to clean it. I think it could be down to how much dust is around where ever you happen to live.

Fortunately, the vast majority of the frequent touch areas are not glossy any longer.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
I keep a microfiber cloth in my door pocket. Once a week I'll do a quick interior cleaning - the piano black stuff and (more importantly) the infotainment screen. Takes about 30 seconds.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Sport Touring / 18' Type R
I keep a microfiber cloth in my door pocket. Once a week I'll do a quick interior cleaning - the piano black stuff and (more importantly) the infotainment screen. Takes about 30 seconds.
This is everything. I have 1 Platinum Pluffle Microfiber by the Rag Company in the center console ready to go at all times. Can be slid down any piano black to remove dust immediately. Could throw a small bottle of interior detailer in there to help remove heavier smudge/fingerprints too.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I do the exact same, whenever I feel the need, I grab the microfiber towel from the glovebox, and give it a quick swipe. Done ✅

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I got off work 8:30 last night, dark and cold (-10 degrees C), super tires. But I gotta tell you that I just loved the drive home. I look forward to the drive home in the Si, it is so satisfying even in crappy conditions. This is after 3 weeks ownership.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Good things to hear even though the features were cut on the US version with a several thousand price increase. But remember in 2020 a Si was price reduced $23,000 all day long with adaptive dampers and heated seats. Infotainment matching the Touring. Good to see new buyers are ok with paying close to 30k mark on a Civic. That seems crazy to me.

Something to think about. Dont be surprised if the manufacturer and dealers continue to capitalize on the situation and purposely keep this shortage idea in everyone's heads. Last thing they want to do is go back in an invoice or less market. ? getting msrp+ on every car. It's a wet dream for these car dealers.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
@HondaPro - not as wonderful as you think. Dealers work on volume - it's a lot more profitable to make a little profit on 500 cars than a lot of profit on 75 cars. Many dealers are hurting right now, but it's certainly not a permanent situation.

Example - A transport rolled up at the dealer while I was taking delivery. The person with whom I was working told me how important that shipment was for the company (the dealer), and how every car on the transport was sold.

And, I traded my '16 Civic Coupe Touring - it was detailed and on the lot as soon as I signed the paperwork. And within 10 minutes they had a client looking at it.

Strange times, indeed.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
@HondaPro - not as wonderful as you think. Dealers work on volume - it's a lot more profitable to make a little profit on 500 cars than a lot of profit on 75 cars. Many dealers are hurting right now, but it's certainly not a permanent situation.

Example - A transport rolled up at the dealer while I was taking delivery. The person with whom I was working told me how important that shipment was for the company (the dealer), and how every car on the transport was sold.

And, I traded my '16 Civic Coupe Touring - it was detailed and on the lot as soon as I signed the paperwork. And within 10 minutes they had a client looking at it.

Strange times, indeed.
Don't be fooled as Dealers are selling alot of cars and playing the "covid shortage game" ??

Attachments

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
As is, everything that lands at the local dealership is already sold and the display cars are all used. That's happening with no discounts and 'mandatory' dealer add-ons. Sales people are fighting with sales manager to give them something to sell. New car dealership are becoming used car dealerships. The shortage is real.

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
As is, everything that lands at the local dealership is already sold and the display cars are all used. That's happening with no discounts and 'mandatory' dealer add-ons. Sales people are fighting with sales manager to give them something to sell. New car dealership are becoming used car dealerships. The shortage is real.
The dealership here has reached out to both myself and my parents, trying to buy back our 2020 CRVs. So ya, it is crazy. We haven't even had ours a year and a half. JUST crossed 20k kms.

At this rate, I should get a call about my new Civic in June! lol!
Sponsored