• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Protecting against keyless entry theft

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I am going to be picking up my new FL5 CTR next week and have been curious about relay hacks and keyless entry theft. I am aware of Flipper Zeros and other pen-testing multitools that have this capability.

Does anyone have any stories or advice about this? I know this is big in EU but has anyone experienced this in the US? I'm trying to safeguard myself as best as I can. I have looked into immobilizers but pretty much everything I find about them is related to EU.
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If a pro wants your car, then consider it "Gone in Sixty Seconds." Fortunately, ~98% of car thieves are punks with a few commonly available internet hacks (especially for Kia and Hyundai) or opportunistic good fortune (e.g., idiots who leave their keys in the car or behind garage doors that can be easily lifted). To thwart them, many have reported good results with Viper or CarLock, plus a visible steering wheel lock. Even then, a flat bed trailer with a wench can drag it up and away in about five minutes, and disarm the systems later at a remote and shielded (from GPS) site. Some simple techniques include a Faraday pouch and just common sense. Mine is a Benelli M4 (model 11707).

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
It's all about deterrence and minimizing the risk of theft. It's good to mix up different types of anti-theft measures and throw in some mechanical devices as well. I also use a Disklok steering wheel plate and locks for the pedals. At the malls, try to park on the upper levels of garages, since they have clearance bars at the entrance (discourages trucks).
Sponsored