• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

protecting red seats and carpet from dirt and stains

halfmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche 718 Spyder Riviera Blue
Is anybody using anything to help protect the red seats and carpet from stains and dirt or is everybody going raw and rugged and just leaving it as is?

Scotchgard sells an Auto Fabric and Carpet Water Shield spray and wondering if anybody has used this before and had success with it?

Red seats and carpet looks great....when new and clean but getting stains and dirt on it over time will make it look really bad and ugly really quickly.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Is anybody using anything to help protect the red seats and carpet from stains and dirt or is everybody going raw and rugged and just leaving it as is?

Scotchgard sells an Auto Fabric and Carpet Water Shield spray and wondering if anybody has used this before and had success with it?

Red seats and carpet looks great....when new and clean but getting stains and dirt on it over time will make it look really bad and ugly really quickly.
I'm going raw dog! Well, not exactly. I have the OEM Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats. I don't do anything wild in my car so no need for seat covers, coatings or other protectants for my use case. The kids also don't ride in the car. YMMV.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

I got this and used it on my other cars and it works like a charm.

11th Gen Honda Civic protecting red seats and carpet from dirt and stains IMG_2190

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I'm not that worried about the seats. The carpets on the other hand were a major concern. I got black mats on day one

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If you want maximum protection of the floor, get TuxMats--they cover so much flooring that you'll see absolutely no red carpeting. Conversely, if you like seeing the red carpeting, you won't be able to see any of it.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
If you want maximum protection of the floor, get TuxMats--they cover so much flooring that you'll see absolutely no red carpeting. Conversely, if you like seeing the red carpeting, you won't be able to see any of it.
I’m using Scotchgard and love it. Safe on colors and works like magic. Just wipe it off as directed!

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
I got this and used it on my other cars and it works like a charm.

IMG_2190.jpeg
This is what I used on the cloth seats and armrests of my Si. It's also works fantastic on fabric shoes as water just beads off it like fresh ceramic coating on a car.

nawfoo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Si
Stealership put resistall on the entire interior and exterior. Havent really cleaned the car yet but I rarely have passengers in the back. Leather still looks good.
Sponsored