• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
This comparison is ridiculous
Some people’s feelings are getting hurt. Nothing wrong with discussing the merits of both cars. Like I said, if only one car can be had, and you need the space clearly the FL5 is the way to go.
But, an objectively indisputable fact is the crippledness it’s born with, FWD. FWD was fine when the cars were in the late $20k early $30 - for a $65k OTD, it gets questionable in my view.

It’s far more common to replace a Miata with an FL5/FK8 than it is to do it the other way around.

The cars are comparable - when reward is the only criteria for the purchase - a far too common criterial for both cars.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Even without kids we needed at least one vehicle with decent storage, and that we could fit friends in, or relatives in when they visit. Spouse's convertible coupe falls short in both this must haves. So no roadster for me, sigh.
That said the FK8 is hardly just a consolation prize. No doubt the new FL5 is fun to pilot as well.
I have driven earlier Miata gens, felt a bit cramped even for my average 5'11" 160 lb frame. And more corner lean than I like. I understand newer ones are sharper. But doubt they would be more fun than the MR2-S I owned. Let alone the '67 MGB that was only my second car ever. That handled better than the Mazda as well. But to be fair any Miata has more storage than the MR2- S, and more reliability than the MG. I respect the Miata- just never wanted one when there are better roadster options -for me- out there. So like the article says- MIATA is not always the answer.
How cramped you are is obviously a problem for some people. I’m 6,0” and 167 lbs and fit just fine. I can’t say that I’m we comfortable as I am in the Passport of course lol.
Sponsored