• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Range / Avg MPG indicator

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello all. ‘22 Civic Si
I average ~30.0mpg with 15 min highway and more city driving. When I drive to run errands the range goes way down. Example: I drive 4 miles but it goes down 10+ miles. I’m not driving spirited either

Any idea? Sucks how many times I have to fill this car up with such a small gas tank
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Range is based on how much fuel is left in the tank ('til Lo-Fuel comes on) and what your current mpg (based on your current fuel consumption) is. eg If you "lead foot it" the range will drop sharply - unless the Honda logic is radically different from our '12 Si, the range will never go up until you refill. You average mpg is roughly based on how far you've gone and how much fuel you've used since the last time it was reset. Either can be interesting to watch and estimate how much further you can go, or you can fill up when you need gas or want to.

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
Hello all. ‘22 Civic Si
I average ~30.0mpg with 15 min highway and more city driving. When I drive to run errands the range goes way down. Example: I drive 4 miles but it goes down 10+ miles. I’m not driving spirited either

Any idea? Sucks how many times I have to fill this car up with such a small gas tank
Likely it's dropping more quickly due to cold start conditions.

OP
OP

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks, everyone. I reset it after filling up the tank today and hit around 40MPG, and the range is definitely going down much slower.
Sponsored