• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recommendations for oil! Track Driving.

AB_22Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Hello fam!
I have a 22 Si that is FBO and tuned to about 240 WHP/TQ. I autocrossed a few times last summer with just standard Honda oil and I change every 4000 miles. This spring and summer I plan to start tracking my car and I want to do everything right to keep the car reliable and protect the motor. There are wildly different opinions on what to use like either standard 0W-20 or 5W-30. For winter I just use standard Honda 0W-20 because I daily drive the car. I know I need something ester based and leaning more towards Motul 300V. Some input on personal experiences would be great!
Sponsored

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
5W-30.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Any reputable full synthetic 5w30 with reasonable OCI will be fine.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This, plus plan to change your oil more often…definitely before the minder tells you to change it. This is why folks don’t have any specific oil brand recommendations. Pretty much any full synth will work fine as long as you change it according to how often and how hard you track it.

OP
OP
AB_22Si

AB_22Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
This, plus plan to change your oil more often…definitely before the minder tells you to change it. This is why folks don’t have any specific oil brand recommendations. Pretty much any full synth will work fine as long as you change it according to how often and how hard you track it.
I always change every 4K miles. I plan on auto crossing and tracking about twice a month starting in the spring. I figured I would probably change oil every four track days
Sponsored