• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Removing water diverter plastic piece under the hood scoop (for more air flow)?

Cdsbblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Anyone have any thoughts on removing the water diverter plastic piece under the hood scoop? Maybe more air flow? On my ZL1, the track prep instructions suggested that the water diverter be removed for track use.
Sponsored

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
Yeah it seems like the Super Taikyu FL5 does and the most recent Spoon testing video also seemed to remove it.

OP
OP

Cdsbblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Awesome - thanks. Still not clear to me that overheating will be a problem on the FL5, but any bit of air flow can help.

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
It still is an issue, just takes a bit longer to manifest and maybe not as severe as the FK8. I haven't tried removing the vents myself yet, not sure how much it will help but it can't hurt.

OP
OP

Cdsbblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I'll be at Road Atlanta for an HPDE event this weekend. Temps should be in the mid-60s so pretty cool. Also, first time for me with a FWD so I won't be pushing too hard. It's also going to be a bit wet so I won't remove it. When temps are in the 90+ range, I'll give it a shot.
Sponsored