• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I have a set of Weathertech mats in my current car, and they're great. If they make a set for the civic, and make it available in red to match the CTR carpet, I might get that. I absolutely hate red, but for some reason, I like the red inside the CTR.
Keep an eye on Honda. They may offer something all season specific to the Type R.

I prefer their product over Weathertech myself.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Exhaust I could see myself being interested in if the factory one doesn't cut it. (This is on an FK8)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Yeah, but who needs to pay all that extra money to add the valves. It sounds beautiful opened up. I would never close them.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
these valved exhaust cost over 2 grand on the FK8, waste of money that could go else where. Catted downpipe, resonator delete and tune is probably the best bang for buck sound/powerwise.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
these valved exhaust cost over 2 grand on the FK8, waste of money that could go else where. Catted downpipe, resonator delete and tune is probably the best bang for buck sound/powerwise.
Agreed, If the stock diameter of the exhaust is fine (in most cases you aim for a 3 inch diameter piping, but I think stock catback is close to that), your best bet is just to chop the mufflered section and add a slip-on exit, tips, and clamp. This will net the exact same sound profile. You can fit whatever combo of tip, muffler or straight pipe to fit your needs both visually and sound profile wise.

But if you have the funds, I guess it doesn't matter either way lol.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm not sure bang for the buck is what this is looking to achieve.

I like the idea making the vehicle quiet when I want.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yes! Just hope that it sounds good too.
For the mass majority who actually mod and enjoy the car. Valved usually means nothing TBH. Many of my previous cars are factory valved, always needed aftermarket changes to sound "right". Unless RS/AMG/V8 class vehicles.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I never heard a 4banger and thought, wow this would sound so much better louder.
I hate but subies/porches/CLA45 AMG etc, but subies are a prime example of 4poppers sounding AMAZING.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I'm not sure bang for the buck is what this is looking to achieve.

I like the idea making the vehicle quiet when I want.
Tbf, its not like the car is going to be crazy loud with the valves open 😅

The best thing to do if you still want to retain the valves and alter the sound would be to just replace the resonators.
Sponsored